the ole girl is going to the shop

H2H1

Well I am going to put the MH in the shop tomorrow. I am getting worn out looking for the ground that keeps running down the engine battery. I do think I have traced all the wires out and found no problem, but the batt still drained. I will post back what they find causing the problem.

Today there was no power to the coach, it was plugged into the shore power. now at this time I thought I had no shore power, wrong, I had shore power.I got checking the house batt's out and they seem dead (used a meter) so I wanted to recharged them. I went and got the charger out and hooked it up it showed they was fully charged. Dang what could it be? cells are full, I started taking the terminal off and found one was corroded on the under side of the nut. I got out the wire brush and cleaned all the terminals , put it al back together and all worked out. I started the genset and turned on the air conditions (both) and all worked fine.

Boy life is good:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

elkhartjim

Re: the ole girl is going to the shop

Hey Hollis, with all the battery problems you have I sure hope you never get a pace maker.

G

RE: the ole girl is going to the shop

well Hollis ,, i feel for u ,, if i had the time and u wern't too far away ,, i would be glad to ck it out for u ,,, but don't take this personal ,, but it's kinda hard to fix stuff ,, without actually being there ,, and i know u know what i mean ,, but please let us know what they find ,, i would like to know also ;) :approve: :approve: :approve:
Btw ,, i am heading out again this next weekend ,, going back up to Misty River ,, besides camping ,, i have a couple of jobs to do while there ,, nothing big ,, but i figured hmmmmmmm why not camp also :approve: :approve: :approve: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

Well this morning I went outside to start her up and it started up just like it was new. So now I don't know if I should take her in. I hate to spend $100 per hour and they find nothing wrong as I could use that as gas money. I have been keeping a log on my finding and doing so if it acts up again she gone to the shop.

Jim I hope I never need a pace maker, if so I might be in trouble :(

Rod thanks for your advice, if I can't get her fixed I'll bring her to your shop and give you the head ache :laugh: :laugh: happy camping at MC

ARCHER

Hollis, Just maybe the terminals being corroded were the problem. On my ole MH, It seemed like the batteries were dead and when I put the charger on them they showed ok, fully charged and also the volt meter showed a full charge. I was playing around with the connections a little bit and noticed the hot lead to the battery (coach battery, not aux bats) was a little bit loose so I took it off, cleaned it with wire brush and reinstalled the cable and made sure it was really tight on the terminal (side terminal screw in). It fired right up and after sitting over night, it fired right up. Perhaps a gremlin is loosening your bolts on the batteries........ :laugh: :laugh: ;)

H2H1

thanks Archer for the encouragement. I surely hopes this the problem

*scooter*

Hollis, I kinda had a similar problem. The house batteries didn't seem to hold a charge so I did a little inspection and found the batteries to have some corrosion. I cleaned them up, added some distilled water and they seem to be fine. I also recall on a car, some years ago, that it would not start. I checked the batteries and they were pretty corroded. I cleaned them up and away I went. I hope your problems are solved.

H2H1

Well I was hoping that I fixed the problem. but not so, so today I put her in the shop. I guess all my gas money is going for the fix, but I can save for the gas , I just need for it to start when I turn the key. I guess that what bother me the most. I will post back when I find out what it was., and maybe the cost if Iam not ashame to say what I paid to get it fixed :laugh:

G

Hollis ,, i can give u a good setup to keep u'r engine battery up whil it sits either at the CG or at home ,, i put it on my own MH and have installed it on 4 others ,, i'll let u know about it or even install it for u when u'r out this way in the fall ;) :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :) :) :shy:

H2H1

Thank Rod, I appreciate your help and concern. I will pm u when we head up your way.

elkhartjim

I am so glad the ole girl is finally going to the shop. I still worry about you ever getting a pace maker with all the battery problems you have.
icon_smile_big.gif
icon_smile_big.gif
icon_smile_big.gif
icon_smile.gif

H2H1

Jim I hope I never need one, if so I will just get a long extension cord and a defiv and do my on shocking :laugh: :laugh: :approve: :)

G

Hollis ,, if u need a good defib ,, i carry one on my jeep all the time ,, and it is the model that can be used as a pace maker also ,,, and u can recharge it ,,, it has a battery life of about 8 hrs ,, depending on how offen u use it ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

C Nash

Rod, bet Hollis will need that defib when he gets the bill :laugh:

G

u might be right Nash ,, hey Hollis have 911 on speed dial :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

C Nash

Rod I can crank up the drag car and have the defib there in record time :laugh: Heck price wont matter to him :eek: aint he retired military drawing that big check from the gorverment :laugh:

G

now Nash i can crank mine up too ,,, and to think racing fuel is the same price it was 20yrs ago ,,, hey now that;s what we'll do have a drag race to Hollis's place ,, but mine might not make it ,, i don't run any water at all in my block ,, it's good for 1/4 mile and that's it ,, so i guess i'm outta that race :approve: :approve: :approve: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

C Nash

I forgot Rod we don't have water in the block either :eek: and we are good for only 1/8 mile and then it's fill up time again. Man the ackhol (never could spell that) has really went up.