Thetford Sani-Con System

al3282

Thinking of buying the Thetford Sani-Con system. Like the thought of getting rid of the sewer hose and letting the sani-con macerating pump chew up the black tank waste and pump it through a 21 foot garden size (1") hose. Particularly like the "uphill" capability since my home dump site (septic tank cleanout) is lousy for a gravity feed discharge. Specifically looking at the Tank Budddy (Model 70246) that stores in a portable case after use. Would appreciate feedback from anyone that has experience with
macerators like this.

Charles T

RE: Thetford Sani-Con System

al3282 - 11/5/2008 11:07 AM

Thinking of buying the Thetford Sani-Con system. Like the thought of getting rid of the sewer hose and letting the sani-con macerating pump chew up the black tank waste and pump it through a 21 foot garden size (1") hose. Particularly like the "uphill" capability since my home dump site (septic tank cleanout) is lousy for a gravity feed discharge. Specifically looking at the Tank Budddy (Model 70246) that stores in a portable case after use. Would appreciate feedback from anyone that has experience with
macerators like this.

I bought a "Clean Dump" (http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/clean-dump/34450) system last spring. I selected this over the Tank Buddy because I didn't like the idea of the pump and hose weight hanging on the end of the RV pipe.

My pump and switch is mounted on a small piece of plywood and connected with a short piece of dump hose to the RV. I use this to pump through a 1"hose to my version of a "blue boy" . . . a 50 gal. tank in the back of my pickup then drive to the dump station. This set up works great for my purposes.

Charles

C Nash

Re: Thetford Sani-Con System

Welcome to the forum Charles. Good info. I'll watch for you in the campgrounds. Sure don't want to run into the back of you. :laugh:

Charles T

C Nash - 11/5/2008 8:32 PM

. . . Sure don't want to run into the back of you. :laugh:

This has cut down on people tail-gating me when on the road. They either pass or drop waaay back. :)

(Actually there is very little odor . . . no more than the RV vent.)

C Nash

Guess you need to put a sign on the back that says " stay back s***t happens :laugh: