Thinking about getting back on the road

Twilight06

I have not purchased my RV yet. I am just trying to figure out which would best suit my needs. I have 5th wheel experience have pulled both a 23 and a 32 ft. I have pulled with both gas and diesel and would take the diesel any day over gas. But my RV days were 20 years ago and that means I am 20 years older....
I want my music and I would be taking some type of piano along. I would not mind taking some of my Lps but I do not think a stereo will travel well.

How much of the time is internet available and what cell phone offers the best service anywhere, and what company is the most broad range service?

Also does anyone take planters along and garden on the road?
Twilight

Steve H

RE: Thinking about getting back on the road

Twilight06 - 6/15/2011 2:18 PM I have pulled with both gas and diesel and would take the diesel any day over gas.

There are a lot of really nice gas trucks these days but I like you, prefer diesel for towing. Mileage on my diesel tends to drop a lot less than the gas trucks I have had while towing. Downside is in our area diesel is still $4.49.
I want my music and I would be taking some type of piano along. I would not mind taking some of my Lps but I do not think a stereo will travel well.

Thatshould not be an issue provided you would be satisfied with an electronic keyboard. They make some really nice full sized weighted keyinstruments these days. Then you could play with headphones and not disturb your neighbors! I boughtan USB turntable and put most my LPs on CD's. Most newer rigs come with pretty decent stereo systems installed. Ours will even allow hooking up an iPod.

How much of the time is internet available

Most private parks have WiFi service...some charge but many offer itfree (as part of the standard rate).
and what cell phone offers the best service anywhere, and what company is the most broad range service? Can't help with this one as the DW is the phone person in our family. I believe she has Verison and it seems to work fine.
Also does anyone take planters along and garden on the road? Twilight Never wanted to do this but I have seen others with hanging flower baskets etc around their rigs.
Good Luck with your quest!

Kirk

Re: Thinking about getting back on the road

While I know several folks who travel with an electric keyboard, I have not yet seen any with a piano. And I don't really want to as my wife would probably want to follow suit!

As to your music, I suggest an I-pod and a good quality player. Those do an excellent job of reproduction and use very little space. It took me a long time to accept the new electronic music formats, but they are wonderful for the RV community.