Tire question ...

vanole

Thomas M,

Not sure of the answer to your question.

Many variables go into determining correct tire pressure and it can get darn confusing.

I know you did not ask for this but I would weigh the M/H and Toad to be on the safe side. I've had one blowout and don't want (read want to avoid again at all costs) to experience that again. Here is a a link to some worksheets for weighing your M/H and determining correct tire pressure.

http://www.firestonetrucktires.com/us_eng/rv/index.asp

V/R
Jeff

H2H1

I have a 03 SOUTHWIND and there is a factory sticker on the driver side that states 85 psi per tire, and that is where I put the presure at.

C Nash

My HR also has the tire pressure sticker on driver side which is for max weight. There is a tire chart in my manual which gives the proper pressure for whatever your weight is.

ejdixon

From my understanding, the max tire pressure may not always be the ideal one. Like what vanole said, there are a lot of variables that need to be determined to get the ideal tire pressure for your RV like the weight of the RV with and without any passengers. You can find the recommended tire pressure for your RV in the manual, or you can get a tire pressure chart from the tire manufacturer. Many have these online so you can download it from the Internet. If it's not available, ask your tire dealer.

JamesTheMan

Thomas M.;77036 said:
Does anyone know the average tire pressuere for a 2011 33-foot Fleetwood Southwind?: Thank you.

It will be labeled on the tires.. However most of the Motor Homes that I worked on had an average PSI of either 60 or 80.