Tires

jaz1949

Is there any reason why good car tires couldn't be used on a 25' 5th wheel, instead of so called "trailer use only" tires?
Thanks

LEN

Re: Tires

No! With a big IF, and that is IF they have a load rating and I don't think car tires do. And the load rating is enough for the fully loaded 5ver, and this is not a guess either it must be weighed and at least a bit of xtra capacity. I don't think it is worth the risk, and here is another if. If you were to have a blowout and cause a big crash your insurance might not be good because of negligence(not having the correct tires) and I would bet a smart lawyer could have a hay day with your nest egg.

LEN

rjf7g

Go cheap on something else...if anything, get more robust tires than the manufacturer recommends.

H2H1

I second what Ms. Fisher stated, if you need to cut cost, look somewhere else. Please, as a safety reason don't skemp on the tires. The life you save my be mine :laugh:

bflorence

would anyone know the size of a 2001 starcraft pop-up trailer; make =star; model =travel; style=travel; we just purchased and i want to replace the tires.thankns

bflorence

would anyone know the size of a 2001 starcraft pop-up trailer; make =star; model =travel; style=travel; we just purchased and i want to replace the tires.thankns

G

welcome to the forums ,, and u might look on the side wall of the tire ,, u should see the tire size there ,, and no I am not being a smart a** ,, just letting u know ,, and if u do get new tires ,, stay away from the Carlisle tires ,, get something better ,, yes they will cost ,, but in the long run ,, better ,, JMO

H2H1

Jaz1949, have you gotten your new tires yet, if so let us know what you got, This will be helpful for others who may be looking also.