Tires

dastout

More on tires, my 2001 Dutch Star has the original tires still. They have always been covered and look like new . Have 56k miles on them. I run them hard (inflation) and am very particular about checking air pressure before embarking on any trip. I have never had a problem but I know I am probably reaching the life cycle end . Any recommendations on where to buy tires here in the southeast? These 275/80 22.5 tires are 9 years old and I hate to throw them away, also my coach runs several thousand lbs lighter then gross. $500.00 bucks apiece times 6 tires :( :( :( :question:

utmtman

Re: Tires

Call around and check prices from different brands I believe you can get michelins for 350 each. Check camping world as well.

vanole

Not sure where you are in the Southeast. Here in the Mid-Atlantic a couple of good choices exists. Kramer Truck Tire (Goodyear products) and Colonial Truck Tire (Michellin products). Really these two will get you any tire siutable for your motorhome.

V/R
Jeff
GO NAVY
Fly Navy

elkhartjim

You're way past due replacing your tires...regardless of the way they "look". Just because your coach is a 2001 doesn't mean your tires are 2001 tires.
Tires will crack sitting in a warhouse with no windows so don't think they are okay because they've been covered.

Make sure you check the date code on the tires you purchase. A friend bought new tires and found out they were two years old the day he bought them.

H2H1

I just bought 6 Good Year G670 tires, the date was 08, I also got a $350 rebate on them as they was purchase before July 31. My regular tire dealer order them and balance and install for just a little over $2200.. I took the receipt made a copy and sent it to Good Year with there rebate coupon and like I said , got $350 back. If you get them GY have your dealer back date the purchase date and send it to GY and see if you can get the rebate. good luck :cool: :laugh:

Shorty

I need to re-tire also...my tires are 2nd week of 2004. Been looking at Mich, Cooper & Toyo...
Never thought about rebates, thanks Hollis

john o.

does anybody know what happened to the tire guard insurance people in /@ THE GUARD call me 928-308-7275 :question:

TexasClodhopper

John, you will get a lot of calls that you don't want by putting your phone number online. It will stay on this forum forever unless you get Cindy ( cinnister ) to take it off.

H2H1

hey shorty, go online to GOODYEAR.COM and see if they are still offering the rebate. That is where I found the form to fill out to send in with a copy of my receipt. Good luck

patrolone

RE: Tires

I hate to hi-jack a thread but does anybody have an opinion on Yokohama tires for MH's??? We are purchasing and will be taking delivery of it the 23rd of this month and one of the stipulations in the deal was that if needed, the tires will be replaced by the dealer. Well they have to replace them and instead of using Michilens like I wanted they are putting Yokohama's on it. They said that they could put Michilens on if I wanted to cover the extra cost. Is it worth it or are the Yokohama's good?

skeeter5

RE: Tires

This is one man's opinion, but believe the Michelins are overpriced. If you drive your MH like most of us, the tires will age before they wear out. I've used Goodyear, Sumitomo and Hercules. The cheaper Hercules are the smoothest. The Yokohamas should be fine. They make a good tire.

Shorty

Hey Hollis...
Now that you've been driving on the G670's for a while. How do you like them?

vanole

Shorty,

I have been running the G670's for two years now and like them. I had XZE's (Mich) prior and they are a great tire also (orig on present coach). My prior coach I had GY G159's and they were a POS. Was hesitant to go back to GY but am extremely happy with the G670's.

V/R
Jeff

H2H1

Shorty they came on mine and I am very satisfied with them. As someone stated, I to think the Rib Michelin are over price. But I also think they are very good tires. A local tire dealer wanted to sell me BF Goodrich, when I said no, he hiked the price on the GY. I beat his price by several hundred dollars and I got the rebate. very satisfied :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

*scooter*

This year bought tires for my MH. I couldn't get 6 Michelins (only 4 available), so I put Toyo's - M143 (on the front). The Toyo are 5 ply sidewall where the Michelin's are 4 ply. No issues or problems so far. The tread pattern between the two are very similar. The Toyo's were priced much less than the Michelins. Thinking now I should have gone with 6 Toyo's. :blackeye:

G

scooter,, u sure the 5 plys are enough ,, the ones i have are 12 ply ,, maybe just a typo ;) :approve: :approve:

*scooter*

Sorry about that. It was a typo and at the moment I can't remember what the ply is. Will look tomorrow though..
Thanks.

Shorty

Going with Cooper Roadmasters...kinda went into depth in another thread. 6 670's were gonna run me close to 4k...ouch