toad v/s none.

knotahog

I often see Rvs without any tow and I wonder how they get around after having reached their destination. I have a crv toad , but sometimes it is an extra weight to take along with the price of fuel today. Any comments? :) I have a 30' class A.

akjimny

Re: toad v/s none.

Terry, I didn't take a toad this time (unless you include my motorcycle) because we are staying with my sis-in-law and I borrow one of their cars. Rod (730) has his wife drive along behind him. Other folks rent cars when they need one. Some RV resorts have shuttle service. So, I guess it all depends on what your needs and desires are. :) :)

H2H1

Well Terry and Jimmy, that the down fall of owning a class A or C. If you want to go sighting and there is no shuttle you are stuck where you are at. WE will sometime call ahead or look the CG up on the net and see if that service is available. We tow a Saturn all 4 down, or the Honda Accord on a dolly. I hate not being able to go when we want to go sight seeing. Terry, your CRV should not be that much of a load for your MH and not a drag costing you more gas money. That my HO

SIERRATOYZ

RE: toad v/s none.

hello: what we do is rent a car the last couple of trips we rented from Enterprise they have really good weekend rates & normally get an upgrade, when we went to Ashville NC last October we got an upgrade to a Ford big sedan ( looked like an under cover police car ) but it was brand new less than 5000 miles and 3 days rental wasn't even $75 IMHO that is at least the way to start out just checked ahead in the area you are planning to visit you can reserve on line and drop off after hours on your way out of town beats towing anything
good luck :)

We use local taxi and bus services. But next week I want to start looking for a dolly to take our smaller car along. It doesn't cost much extra for gas and you always have wheels.