Toad

sepisllib

Sorry for the two-in-a-row posting - but have another issue I want to deal with.

I plan on towing my 2001 Chevrolet Suburban 4 X 4 using a braking system installed in it.

I have a 1993 Gulfstream Tourmaster with 26,000 pound gcvw using a Cummings 8.3 with 250 hp (I am going to install new injectors and bump the HP up to 300 + in April).

The question is this --- Is anyone out there presently using a toad of the size of the Suburban (or larger) and if so - what are you towing with.

Looking for experience and issues on this combination.

Thank You

God Bless

Bill & Judy

RobRV

Toad

That's a mighty BIG Toad! I think you should check All your specs to see if you can actually pull that monster with your Gulfstream!
When you Bump up the HP you need to Beef Up the Transmission to handle it! :)

I plan on towing my 2001 Chevrolet Suburban 4 X 4 using a braking system installed in it.

I have a 1993 Gulfstream Tourmaster with 26,000 pound gcvw using a Cummings 8.3 with 250 hp (I am going to install new injectors and bump the HP up to 300 + in April).

The question is this --- Is anyone out there presently using a toad of the size of the Suburban (or larger) and if so - what are you towing with.

Thank You

God Bless

Bill & Judy
[/quote]

RobRV

Toad

Thank You

God Bless

Bill & Judy
[/quote]

turnipbwc

Toad

To much weight to pull behind your Gulfstream. I hope you are a good mechanic, if not make sure you have a big check book before starting out.
turnip42

Gary B

Toad

Hi Bill, I have a very good friend that has a 95 American Eagle with a 300/330 hp Cummins, he tows his full sized GMC SC pickup, has made many short trips around MN, Wis, Ill. etc., this fall they went on a long trip 5000 + miles when he got back he told he's looking for a smaller toad! As much as he likes his pickup he found that its to combersome as a toad, we used a Mazda B2300 for many years and it was all we needed and was a wounderful toad, easy to hookup, towed easy, never had to worry about it. You will most likely have no problems towing a Burb I've seen many in tow, but there are times when smaller is better. Good luck :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: ;) :approve:

sepisllib

Toad

Thank you all for the great feedback on this topic.

I did learn that my coach will handle this toad very well - however several of you have noted your experiences with a large toad like this and simply put - not necessary and harder to hook up and disconnect along with other things.

In short - we have decided that Honda will be our choice - either an accord or civic. Leaning toward the civic hybrid - but not sure yet. Wife sort of wants to leg go of her old reliable LeSabre for a newer car and that would be it.

Thank you all again.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Bill & Judy

C Nash

Toad

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Bill and Judy. Think you will like the smaller vehicle for a toad Bill. Much better gas milage on both with the lighter weight. Be sure it can be towed 4 down if that's the way you plan on towing.