Toilet Repair

ARCHER

Ok, like a lot of us older folks, got up in the middle of the night to you know what and when I flushed the toilet the flapper/cover opened and then closed almost all the way. I tried to use the foot pedal again and low and behold it only worked the water and not the flapper/cover. I have replaced a toilet in my old Winn, but I don't believe this a total replacement job.
What do you think is the most likely cause and how to fix it? t :dead:

elkhartjim

Re: Toilet Repair

Try removing the cover over the foot valve, mine just pops off. There is a screw that may have backed out some. It fixed mine. Hope this helps.

ARCHER

Re: Toilet Repair

Jim, just before reading your post, I exactly as you suggested. Did not seem to work. I pulled out owner's manual , got part number and just before heading to dealer, I tightened those two screws a little more (tight but not over tight).......Tried it and it now works again. I think , now, that those screws were just too loose and the shaft was not making good contact with the ball. I did have to move the ball in order to get it in the right place, I think , because when I first tightened them, it still did not make contact, so I closed the ball and left it. Guess I did not have it tight enoujgh. Tks for the suggestion. Another CHEAP fix.... ;)