Tow Bar Vs Dollies

Triple E

I am tried of traveling without my car. We are always renting a car whenever we end up where ever. Which is okay, but, there are times when I would like to park the MH and drive back into some unknown area while driving down the highway.

Dollies are cheaper then buying a tow bar, Remco pump and a braking system but then you have three things to worry about at the camp ground and another license tab. Question: Can you back-up with a dolly. I know you can't with a tow bar.

Tow bars, pump and aux.brake seem to be the way to go, but which ones. Seems that they all have their advantages. However, I do like the SMI Air Force One braking system. I can have that installed with labor and tax for under $1300.00. I am stuck with the Remco Pump because of the front wheel drive. Tow bars range from $200 to $1100.00 but which one.

Any advice would be welcome.

elkhartjim

Re: Tow Bar Vs Dollies

Hey Steve, in the top left corner of the home page is a search button. Do a forum search on tow dolly/tow bars and you'll have more info than you probably ever wanted.
Remember, they make different flavors of ice cream for a reason...tow four down vs dolly towing.

Good luck.

Triple E

Re: Tow Bar Vs Dollies

I want to personally thank Ken, Grandview Trailer Sales, and Rod, 730, with their help and advice with the selection on the proper tow bar for my Jeep. So, Ken and Rod thank you. :)