tow vehicle

H2H1

Ok I need some suggestions. I am trying to get away from towing my Honda Accord with a car dolly and going A4D. So what would be the best to tow with my MH. The MH is not a diesel it's a gas with a 8.1 chevy engine. I am looking to keep it under 3000lbs. thanks :laugh: :approve:

H2H1

Re: tow vehicle

LOOK 41 people has looked at this doesn't some one have a suggestion?

LEN

Ok Any one of several little 4x4's or cars like the Saturn or there 4x4. With out knowing your budget it's hard to say used ,new.

LEN

H2H1

sorry Len, yes it will be used maybe 2-3 years old. the wife is looking at a new suv for herself. so only one new one for now. BTW why does it have to be 4x4?

C Nash

The chev HHR can be towed 4 down Hollis. Jeep Liberty 4 wheel drive but it comes in at a little over 4000 lb. The Satur Vue front wheel drive can be towed 4 down but not the AWD. Go to motor Magazine and you can find the vehicles and weight that can be towed. We are at the same place as you looking for something a little newer and less miles than our Tracker 4 wheel drive whic is a great toad bot they don;t make them anymore. The susuki 4x4 grand victara can be towed 4 down but they are hard to find here. Did see some listed over in your area.

H2H1

JAY'S Automotive has a lot of them on the lot. Jay has 8 dealerships in the same area

LEN

Really does not have to be 4x4, but Maybe it's just me but I have to explore everywhere. And although the 4-runner I have seems todo very well in 2 wheel I always have that lever to get the xtra two pulling. It sets a little higher gets good enough mileage and can carry anything I need from shopping to toys for a days exploration. And I do a little hunting and fishing as part of the RVing so I can get to the stream lake mountain or what ever. If the wife is getting the SUV just get one that can be towed 4 down.

LEN

H2H1

hey Len that not going to happen, she does not want to do modification to the Honda now i.e. base plates. So the new SUV for her will not be touched AS IN TOWING. :(

LEN

Well you could do as I did get a trailer to put the tow on. That way I can take any car, truck, suv, and I can back it up. The negative side is looking for a place to park the trailer in some cg's but as yet every place that could take the MH can accommodate the trailer either pull through or parking area.

Shadow

Hollis, we have a 2008 Jeep Liberty. Shirley just loves it. When we starting looking for a vehicle, it had to meet some requirements. Wanted a 4x4 (LOVE THE BEACH) :laugh: good on gas and could be towed 4 down if we ever got a M/H. Very happy with our choice.

Triple E

RE: tow vehicle

A Jeep Wrangler is under 3400 lbs. Tows very nice. The wife says it is like being back in high school. When I first bought it she was upset, but, a warm night and a drive on the beach with the top off change her mind. Automatic or manual, it is tow able.

H2H1

thanks Steve, I was leaning toward a Jeep Wrangler or Sahara. Now just looking for a deal on one. thanks to everyone who replied.

utmtman

You dont have to go 4 wheel drive the honda crv and saturn vue also come in two wheel drive and can be towed 4 down.

Grazing Goat66

Pardon this new guys complete ignorance, but what in the good Lords name is "4 down?" Is it where all 4 wheels of the towed vehicle are on the road??
Probably a stupid question for you experienced good people but as I said, from a newbie, I'm a tad lost.

TexasClodhopper

Wayne, your surmise is correct. It's called "4-down" (and uses a tow bar) as opposed to using a tow dolly that carries the front wheels only "off the ground."

G

or u tow a ford ,, Flip Over Read Directions :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :evil: :evil: