Towing a 2004 Toyota Prius

mike2u

I'm new to the RV world and would like to ask a question. I own a 2004 Toyota Prius that I want to tow behind my RV. I was told by the Toyota dealer and several other people that you must tow the Prius on a tow dolly which I have already bought. The first time that I did tow the car when I unloaded the car from the dolly the brake light and the ABS light on the car stay on for awhile and then went off. I would like to know if there's anyone out there that is also towing a Prius and if there is anything that has to be done other than leaving the emergency brake off while the car is on the dolly.

Need info?

C Nash

Re: Towing a 2004 Toyota Prius

Welcome to the forum Mike. May have to remove a fuse but I am not familar with the Prius. The light is coming on because of the rear wheels are turning and front are not. Didn't think it would pick this up with the switch off.

G

Re: Towing a 2004 Toyota Prius

Did i read wrong or what ..u said " is there anyhing less then leaving the emrgency brake off"
IMO i hope u did not have the e-brake on ,, since it goes to the rear wheels ,, not the front ,, but i agree with nash on the abs light ,, but as he said "should not activate the light with the switch off "
I have been wrong before ,, and i have read wrong also ,, so don't take this as a slap in the face towards u ;) :) :)