Towing a Prius

H2H1

Re: Towing a Prius

Hi Mike2u I can only assume that it is a front wheel drive. If so I see no problem, I do tow on a dolly a 2000 Honda Accord with no problems. I also tow A4D Saturn. I asked my local police dept about needing a tag for the dolly, I was told it not required and I have been to SD to AZ with the dolly. I do recommend that each and every time you stop for gas you check the tire straps and tighten if needed. Oh almost forgot I did to add a 2x12x4 to the ramps to get the Honda to clear the cradle that the sits and rides in. Good luck with your decision. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

akjimny

I tow a Chevy Venture mini-van on a tow dolly. Let me add to Hollis' remarks - check your tire tie down straps AND the pin on the tilt mechanism. The dolly will make horrible grinding noises on the pavement if you lose the pin. I know from experience. My dolly has electric brakes that come on when the MH brakes are applied. They help, especially with steep downhills.

LEN

Check you owners manual but I think no toyota's can be towed 4 down so the dolly is the answer and get the dolly with brakes.

LEN