Towing dogs in trailer

Discussion in 'Beginning RVing' started by kitakids, Sep 16, 2007.

1. kitakids

kitakids New Member

We would like to buy an Airstream because of the price as opposed to a Class A. We have 3 big dogs and want to know if it is legal to tow your dogs in a trailer. They woould be in their respective crates and the temperature will be comfortable the time of year we will be traveling. Any ideas of where to find out?
  2. DL Rupper

DL Rupper Senior Member

Re: Towing dogs in trailer

Never heard it wasn't legal. :eek:
  3. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

The last time I priced an Airstream they were about as high as a class A :laugh: Best TT out there IMO or the older ones were.
  4. ChevRock

ChevRock New Member

It is illegal in most states to have humans in travel trailers while in motion. As such, I would not put my dogs in the trailer either. As much as dogs love to look out the windows while traveling, sticking their faces out the window, they won't see a thing from their crates in the TT. They ride in the truck with us, we bought a crew cab just for them! In the off chance of an accident, TT's do not stand up well and I cannot imagine what would happen to the dogs.
  5. Kirk

Kirk Senior Member

I don't think that there is anywhere that it would be illegal but I still would not do it, for the same reasons that most places make it against the law for people. The #1 danger is that if there should be an air leak into the trailer, CO could get inside of the trailer and it is a poison. The animals inside would fall asleep and never wake up.
  6. *scooter*

*scooter* Senior Member

I would contact your local vet. or the humane society to see if there is any law prohibiting the transport of animals in a trailer. You could also look online with your states Motor Vehicle code or even ask your state trooper when you stop by the donut shop... :clown:
    If you choose to put the pets inside, I'd suggest that there was ample air flow, JMO.
    Good luck.. :) :)