towing & launching a boat

jack g

I just bought a c class MH. my intentions are towing my boat (small 17 foot) to various location to go fishing. I this a dream or can you back the boat in without to many problems???

thank for any response

jack

C Nash

Re: towing & launching a boat

Jack if you are used to backing there should be no problem launching the boat with your class c. If the 17 footer is a heavy boat I would try to advoid the steep launch ramps.

jack g

chelse

of all the things I've lost, my mind was the only important item

Jack

C Nash

The best thing I have ever lost Jack. Can travel today and then vist the same place tomorrow and not remember it so it's all new again :laugh:

rjf7g

Hmmm...how far is it between your rear wheels and your hitch on your class C? Having just put my (23' and heavy) boat in today with my Durango, I can't imagine trying to do it with my 27' class C.

jack g

don't pick up till 8 apr. however, its at least 8 feet. class c is 31 foot

boat is alum and light

C Nash

Becky I had a 17 foot inboard outboard and had no problem launching with a bus converted into a camper

rddog8691

A friend of mine has a class A, he mounted a receiver on the front of his RV and drives forward down the ramp to launch the boat then just backs up. He makes it look easy.

*scooter*

It can be done.. I started out with a 23' Class C and a 17' boat. Many use mirrors and some have to look backwards. Obviously, in most motorhome, you can't look thru a rear window, so I would suggest learn to use the mirrors. I now tow my 23' boat with my 32' MH and launch as most sites. Sometimes, at developed sites, they will launch for a fee. I find it almost easier now with a bigger MH than the small one because the rear wheels are now a greater distance from the edge of the water when launching. A little tip, I like to launch the boat to the dock on the driver’s side. When backing, I can see the dock and when the boat comes into view on the driver side I know how much steering adjustment is needed to get it close to the dock. Practice & patience.

Pillaz

RE: towing & launching a boat

I don't think you will have a problem. I launch a 20' boat from my 34ft class A. It as yet has never been a problem. (Knock wooD) If your new RV comes with a back up Camera I expect it would be rather easy. enjoy camping and fishing... Now if the weather would just break I would join you.