trailer carrying capacity

wolkstyx

Hi
I'm looking at a 2005 Ameri Lite 21' trailer with a Net Carrying Capacity- 1,125 lbs. My concern is this isn't much considering how quickly the weight of gear and supplies, bikes, bike rack, add up----the weight of added propane, small amount of water, ect. Does anyone know if the weight of the empty propane tanks, awning, battery, ect is included in this carrying capacity. This will be my first purchase--- would appreciate any comments/suggestions
Thanks

Triple E

Re: trailer carrying capacity

Hello wolkstyx and welcome to the forum. I copied this and thought it might help you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GVWR (GROSS VEHICLE WEIGHT RATING) The maximum permissible weight of this trailer. The GVWR is equal to or greater than the sum of the unloaded vehicle weight (UVW) plus the net carrying capacity (NCC).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UVW (UNLOADED VEHICLE WEIGHT) The weight of the trailer as built at the factory. The UVW does not include cargo, fresh water, LP gas, factory or dealer installed accessories.
NCC (NET CARRYING CAPACITY) The maximum weight of all personal belongings, food, fresh water, LP gas, tools, tongue weight of towed vehicle, factory and dealer installed accessories, etc., that can be carried by this trailer. (NCC is equal to or less than GVWR minus UVW.)

If this does not help than let us know and we will be of further help.

:)

:8ball:

wolkstyx

Thanks Triple E
I guess I need to find out what the dealer installed options were, ie awning...

Grandview Trailer Sa

The awning weight is figured in the UVW, as it is standard on the trailer. Gulf Stream calculates the UVW with options as ordered by the dealer.

It includes the empty LP tanks, but does NOT include the LP you put INTO the tanks (40 pounds). Does not figure water weight, clothes, food, general campign gear, etc.

We sell a LOT of 21 Amerilites and do not have problems with folks overloading them.