transportation problems after parking motorhome

judypupek

Is there anyone out there who can give me a cost effective way to travel once you've parked your motorhome without unhooking and using it as your transportation? I have been looking at golf carts, folding 4 wheel bicycles, surrey bicycles, etc, but am afraid to take the plunge to buy one without asking others opinions. The last time we went on an extended trip, we rented a car, which was kind of expensive. Some of the campgrounds we've stayed in are huge and a 4 passenger cart of some kind would have been nice. We take our bicycles, but it's hard with preschool children to keep them up with the bigger kids. :(

rjf7g

Re: transportation problems after parking motorhome

Most everyone who leases a site in our seasonal campground uses a golf cart. The campground charges extra if you have an electric cart and requires all drivers to have a driver's license.

G

I agree with Becky ,, i have a golf cart also ,, it's electric ,,, but most CG's only allow electric carts of any kind ,,, u can pick one up pretty cheap ,, and fix it up u'r self ,,, if u like to mess with that kinda stuff ,,, that's what i did ,, only paid 300 bucks for mine ,, now has a lift kit ,, off road tires ,,, bigger elect, motor ,, and even a cd /stereo player :eek: :approve: :cool:

Darlin

The lift kit is it for the back of your RV or for the cart? :question:

Darlin :cool:

G

welcome back darlin ,, have not seen u in awhile ,,, the lift kit was for the cart that way u can put the over sized tires on it ,,, if u try to put the big tires on it at stock ,, they will rub when turning,,, and also ,, i tow my GC behind the MH on a trailer :approve: :) :)

H2H1

Hey Rod and Darlin I have a plain Jane electric GC that serves me well. Now I don't take it with me when we go camping, it used mostly for the Grand kids and when playing golf. Now I will sell it with the right offer :laugh:

G

ok ,, what brand is it ,, club carts ,, are the way to go ,, more stuff for them after market ,, but easy go ,, is catching up ,, what u want for it hollis ,, and do tell me the same price as the stimulus bill :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :evil: :evil: :clown:

H2H1

Hi Jim how have you been doing? Missed you on the chat line, but we know you have been out camping, and that is good. But I must tell you the cool cart are way over my head for a golf cart. I wouldn't pay that much for a truck must less a cart. But some deep pockets will. anyway nice to hear from you take care

DL Rupper

How about roller skates. :laugh: I just use my feet to get around. I will admit in Myrtle Beach I had to be quick to get out of the way of all those slick status golf carts. :bleh:

G

well DL if i had been there when u were there ,, i would have loaned it to u ,,, for a free price :laugh: ,,, But Jim ,, the GC shop at Ocean Lakes can custom build u one ,,, kinda like the one u posted ,,,, not cheap ,,, there is a guy that has a beach house in Ocean Lakes ,,,, and his was built like a fire truck ,,, strobes ,,, little ladders ,, and even hose ,,,, he spent $35,000 on that one ,, he said the dual wheels for the rear alone were a grand a piece :eek: :eek: :eek: :cool:

Darlin

WOW! Golf Carts are that expensive? You can buy a 3 bed/2bath house, not on the water, here in SW Fla(Cape Coral) for that 35K. You can buy a 2/2 or 3/2 mobile home on .5-1 acres of land , in North Fort Myers for 18-30K.

DL Rupper

Dang if my feet aren't getting ready for the roller skates. :eek:

Darlin

We were in MB 2-3 yrs ago & you could NOT bring in your own cart. You had to rent theirs. Was a nice CG, if you have kids. They had fishing contest & lots of activities.

LEN

Why not just hookup the car or what ever you have as a toad. That way if there are other sites to see or entertainment a few miles away you can travel and not pickup your home.

LEN

C Nash

Well since the first post on this was feb of 09 I guess judypupek has found a way to get around. LOL I'm a rvrover Judy We rove most anywhere. LOL Might try goggling rv rover. Welcome to the forum jmpopstar