Travel Country RV, Lake City Fl. UPDATE

Carter Morgan

http://rvservicereviews.com/Index.asp

RV Repair service facilities nation wide. Very Good site.

The rest of the story.

Travel Country RV, Lake City, Florida Update

The coach is a 2000 Damon Intruder. After being turned down for Travel Country RV warranty repairs (repairs Travel Country assured me they would perform when we purchased the used coach from them) in Lake City Florida I contacted the Damon Corporation and asked for the name of the next closes Damon Dealer. Also talked to Randy Denton, Damon Service Manager, about a possible warranty repair by the factory. Randy asked me to take it to a Damon dealer for inspection.

Flagship RV is in Ocala Florida and is the next closes warranty repair facility for Damon so I will take the unit there for an inspection. On April 29, 05 I drove to their service facility and promptly Flagship made ready to inspect the roof problem.

Service Manager Russ Waage inspected the roof and contacted Randy Denton and emailed photos of the roof area. Randy later called and advise that due to the age of the coach the repairs would not be Damon warranty work. Russ gave me an estimate to repair the roof and replace a slider canvas that had been torn during one of Florida's hurricanes last year.

The repairs where done professionally, immediately and there was no extra charge for supervising and occasionally helping.

The repairs to the roof membrane including the slider canvas, which they had in stock, was less than the repair quote Travel Country RV in Lake City Florida gave for replacement of the slider canvas alone, considerably less.

I traveled 2 hours to Flagship RV, was very well treated, even drove to a restaurant for lunch and picked up, repairs were expertly done and I saved money over the quote from Travel Country RV. All in all a great experience.

Flagship RV is excellent for repairs and they have a very courteous sales force who was very helpful while my coach was being repaired.

Thank you to Russ Waage of Flagship RV, and to Randy Denton for your gracious help.

Carter Morgan
O'Brien Florida