travel supreme

gfarmer

Have 36' triple axel. What do I need to pull it? Also, what's wrong with the 6.0 Ford Deisel?
Great forums!
Regards,
Gary

LEN

Re: travel supreme

Welcome,
36' triple doesn't tell us much, we need weight. Then match towing capacity of truck to RV with a bit to spare. A quick guess would be something in the 350-450 range Diesel with an exhaust brake. As far as the 6.0, just a bad motor most of the time, do a seach on failures and you will have plenty of reading.

LEN

gfarmer

Many thanks for the quick reply. I don't have the original papers for my 5th, but I'll try to find the weight and reply.
Regards,
Gary

DL Rupper

You need a large 1 ton plus (450/550) pickup or a mid-sized diesel to pull a triple axle 5th wheel. Travel Supremes are good fulltime all season RV's, but are very heavy. Stick with GM's or Dodge if you get a diesel pickup and not a mid-sized truck. JMO.

C Nash

Great rv Gary. I agree with DL and Len. Son has a 6.0 in the shop replacing heads now. WOW, can you believe DL recommended a Chevy and Dodge. :eek: ;) Since he is in that condo and not smelling that Dodge exhaust his mind is leveling out :laugh: :laugh:

SnowbirdInFlight

gfarmer - 7/7/2009 6:29 AM Many thanks for the quick reply. I don't have the original papers for my 5th, but I'll try to find the weight and reply. Regards, Gary

Try looking inside the kitchen cabinets for the weight information, that's where mine is on my TT.

G

well Nash ,, DL is going thru Cummins withdrawls now ,, since he is not on the road as he has been ,, so bare with him ,, he will prolly recomend a detroit diesel before too long ,,, hey DL JK
;) :eek:

gfarmer

Many thanks to all for the kind responses! Looking for a Ford 350 w/7.3. I am sure I'll be back on here many times. Ex Amtrak engineer, retired, still single and bored, and will split time between Gulf Coast of Ms. and Chattanooga, Tenn.
Regards,
Gary

LEN

Just be sure of the towing capacity of the 350 and the weight of the RV. At worst going up hill you would go slow but coming down and staying on the road in a wind could be a killer literally.

LEN

brodavid

starting to worry about DL, needs to get out and sniff some fumes to get him straighten out