Travel Trailer Hitches

ROCK 7

Hi all, I would just like to ask if anyone had used the Equalizer hitch and Shank before? We have a Reese system with the sway bar, but it just doesn't control the sway during high winds. We have a 26 Brs Travel trailer. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Shadow

RE: Travel Trailer Hitches

I'm not sure of the answer. But it may help the other fella's if you include info on your tow vehicle also.

ROCK 7

Re: Travel Trailer Hitches

Thanks that would probably help. The tow vehicle is a 2010 Toyota Tundra SR5 with 10,100 as the tow limit. The trailer weighs 6700 lbs.

Grandview Trailer Sa

I am not a fan of Equalizer brand. I don't like the steel on steel design, and they are noisy. Properly set up, I have not seen Reese not work. I would like to see how your set up is.

ROCK 7

Camping World did the initial setup. They sold me the trailer in May of this year. They told me that I could pull the trailer with a 05 Yukon Denali and that was not the case. The vehicle was no match for the trailer. I purchased the Tundra and I have no problems whatsoever. I took the trailer there for winterization and everything was looked at but the wind and the semis made for a shaky ride.

H2H1

Hey Rocky, even semis rocks my MH when they pass me and even sucks me in toward them. I learned how to deal with it and so will you. Good luck

TexasClodhopper

In my MH on four-lane highways, as a semi approaches from behind in the left lane it pushes the rear which tends to steer me into his lane. I correct for this by steering right a bit. When it gets forward to my driver-side door, it does just the opposite.

I suppose this same thing happens happens with a trailer only there's a pivot point added in there, so the steering actions would be opposite of mine.

All of these actions and reactions are minor, though.

connectswires

I have 2 friends that have the equilizer and they love it. I does not get rid of all the sway. I have had good luck with rear air bags and air shocks for sway.