Travel Trailer or 5th Wheel

shyloh88

I have a 2000 Ford F-150 4X4 5.6L engine extended cab...Now we have a trailer that we are selling because we need larger size and also because this trailer, A 2000 trailite 21' is full of problems and also too small. We are looking into another trailer possibly a 5th wheel but want to know if anyone out there knows if this truck can pull a 5th wheel such as a 27' or even a trailer 27' as well. We are also wanting to know what the best makes are in trailer. :blush: :) :question:

Larkcoon

We have a 2001 F-150 Supercab 1/2 ton with triton v8 we pull a 2000 26ft. trailite 5th wheel with no problems.

Rollo

Are you asking about towing capacity or if there is a 5th wheel hitch capable of doing the job? If you're looking for a 5th wheel hitch that keeps camping fun and you in the cab and out of the elements, I would strongly recommend a PullRite SuperGlide. These 5th wheel hitches are little more pricing but well worth their weight in gold. All you do is hook up and go. No levers to pull or anything when you want to make a turn. With these hitches you can make a 90 degree turn without fear that the 5th whell will hit the cab of the truck. Check one out at most RV dealerships. Ask if they have a video or dvd you can look at on this hitch. I love mine!!quote:Originally posted by shyloh88

I have a 2000 Ford F-150 4X4 5.6L engine extended cab...Now we have a trailer that we are selling because we need larger size and also because this trailer, A 2000 trailite 21' is full of problems and also too small. We are looking into another trailer possibly a 5th wheel but want to know if anyone out there knows if this truck can pull a 5th wheel such as a 27' or even a trailer 27' as well. We are also wanting to know what the best makes are in trailer. :blush: :) :question:

Gruffy

Of course if your Ford is a long box you don't need the fancy hitch...I don't think your post said short box did it??