Triton V10

jessed

I currently own a class C Winnebago 24V with a Triton V10 in it. I also occasionally pull a ski boat (4000 lbs. max) when loaded. It pulls great with my 24 footer.

I'm looking to upgrade to a 31 foot class c and find that the v10 is in most of the class c's I'm looking at. Does anyone have experience with a 31 foot class C pulling a boat or car around 3500-4000 lbs. Is that a reasonable amount of weight to pull on a 31 foot class c for that engine? How well does it pull?

Thanks if you have experience in this...!!!

Kirk

Re: Triton V10

For safety reasons, check out the gross weight (GVWR) and also the gross combined weight (GCWR) of any RV that you look at to know what it can safely tow. In addition, check the rated weight for the hitch that is installed on the RV as many are limited to 3500#. In addition, some of the RVs have a welded on extension on the rear of the frame rails of the chassis and quite often the limiting factor in what you can tow.

big bilko

RE: Triton V10

Hi Jessed. I have towed a boat and trailer behind my 34 ft coachmen mirada with 4 passengers plus all their luggage and all the extra non essential items the fair sex want to take and found no problems with the power factor. My rv has been converted to run on L.P.G. (60 cents a litre) and with a slight loss of power I found the larger hills required the auto to change down more often. If I switched back to gasoline it had no trouble towing the boat ,P.S I had the tow bar strengthed to accommodate towing a 14ft trailer with a toyota toad, so I am confident that the V10 Triton will do the job for me. I find that I get about 4k to the litre on gasoline and 3.5 k on lpg so I will be putting another 200 litre L>P>G tank in prior to my next trip, which will give me with the gasoline tank a range of over 1500 kilometers. Regards from down under Big Bilko. :)