trying to figure out what TT is for us

captainmomma

Hi, we are new to RV'ing and have been doing a lot of homework in the past year and a half. We are looking for a good TT to suit our needs.... a young family of 3 (I have a 3 1/2 yr old) and a 70 lb dog. We are thinking about bunkhouse models and definitely want a single slide. We probably want something between 28-32 feet. I have a nissan armada to pull with and it can tow up to 9100 lbs (I used to tow horses so I am confident in my truck's abilities). So far we have liked rockwood, puma, zinger and coachmen. I have been trying to get reviews and I remember growing up with a 28 ft coachmen, my dad had a lot of problems with it. We are near Raleigh NC. Please suggest any trailers or dealers we should be looking into and anywhere I can find out pros/cons of these trailers. THANK YOU!

akjimny

Re: trying to figure out what TT is for us

Hi Alleen and welcome to the RVUSA Forum. If you can afford to drive 150 miles, I would suggest you check with Ken at Grandview Trailer Supply in Bedford, VA. He is a reputable dealer and member of the forum and won't steer you wrong.

captainmomma

Thanks Jim for the info and welcome. I might be able to stop through there on my next trip to visit family in MD. we were at the greensboro nc rv show this weekend. That only confused us more because now we are considering a front living room plan maybe in a v front. I just wonder if I should have a bunk bed for a 3 1/2 yr old or if she will be ok on a pullout sofa as she grows older?

Triple E

A pull out sofa gets old really fast. The Coachmen? Well lets just say, no more. I live in Washington State and if I were to buy a new TT or 5th wheel I would drive to Kens, Grandview Trailer Sales to buy one. When you know you have a good dealer that only sells only good products, it would be well worth it. And that the truth!! :approve:

Yes, Welcome to the forum and keep us in your loop.

akjimny

Like Steve (Triple E) said, a pull out sofa gets old quick. We have one in our motor home and it is not comfortable as a sofa or a bed. Luckily I don't have to sleep on it - only my bro-in-law, and he's younger than me. :eek: :laugh:

captainmomma

Thanks, I was worried that messing with the pullout would get old. My gut keeps leaning toward a bunkhouse model. My only concern with using a dealer so far away is that I've been told (and this could be a load of crap for all I know) that other dealers won't service your rv if you didn't buy it there. They told me if you buy a trailer from a long way away, you had better be prepared to take it that far everytime it needs basic servicing. :question:

Grandview Trailer Sa

Alleen, I have a lot of customers who have driven from NC to buy from me.

Right now, I have 3 SunnyBrook trailers on my lot with Bunks. One has 2 another 3 and yet another with 4 bunks and all have the superslide.

I also have 2 Amerilites by Gulf Stream with 2 bunks each. One has just the sofa slide, but the other is more of a super slide.

My THANKS for all the kudos from other members here too!!

I hope you will make the short trip up to me and see much better trailers than you have been looking at.

try2findus

Speaking as someone who knows Ken personally, I would also buy from Ken and NO ONE else.

We totally trust him and know that he and Linda take pride in their dealership and their reputation. They would never sell you something you didn't want. Ken will go out of his way to make sure he puts you in the rig best suited for you! :)

Good luck on your search for the perfect RV for you and your family.