Trying to find a way to establish fair value for 1991 Gulfstream Kingsley 5th wheel TT

Patrick-HMS

I have found what I believe to be a really nice 1991 Kingsley (by Gulfstream) 5th wheel TT. This one is a REAL head turner as far as appearance and condition.

I don't have model #, but it looks to be close to 40', maybe even a little more. By looking at it, I would assume that it was rather expensive when it was new.

It has TWO double slides, everything seems to work properly. Large LR area with clean carpets and nice newer furniture. End kitchen has tile countertops, porcelain sink, tile flooring, electric rfg / freezer, gas stove, microwave. AC / Heating unit was replaced around 3 yrs ago. Larger bath with shower/tub and awesome cabinetry. Outside there is a 25" awning. Roof was resealed in 2005, no leaks.

I wasn't looking for something as old as 1991, but I REALLY like the Kingsley Model, believe them to be discontinued since ????

Does Ken or anyone else out there with more knowledge than I have know some way that I can establish a fair market (even a general ball park figure) value for this RV in the current market in Ga?

Need to know what this is worth, plan to buy this one once I do know (and have it checked out by a Professional)...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: Trying to find a way to establish fair value for 1991 Gulfstream Kingsley 5th wheel TT

Patrick,
I have heard of Kingsley but Gulf Stream does not produce that name anymore. NADA does not go back past 1995, so they are no help on value of this trailer.

All the advise I can give you is to be comfortable with the price you are paying. Remember it is 19 years old.

Kirk

Re: Trying to find a way to establish fair value for 1991 Gulfstream Kingsley 5th wheel TT

I just checked the NADAGuides.com website and they do show a 1991, 40' long Kingsley. The two longest models are both 40' in length and the listed prices range from just under $3000 to a bit over $4000. Even if this is a really rare unit, I suggest that you should not pay any more than $5000 for it. You can check it yourself by using this link:
http://www.nadaguides.com/default.aspx?LI=1-25-38-5697-0-0-0&l=1&w=25&p=38&f=5698&m=0226&d=23000

Grandview Trailer Sa

I did not realize that the web went back that far. The book I purchase stops at 1995.

Patrick-HMS

I LIKE the TT mentioned in OP, but it IS 19 years old, like Ken says. That is old for a HOUSE, much less a TT.

I finally found that link mentioned above that shows back to 1991, but checking all the appropriate squares (to determine correct value) seems next to impossible for most people, including me, and I can write Computer programs, know Unix and HTML, but looking at those squares leaves me lost.

So I am shying away from that one I kinda thought I liked.

Still looking, open to most anythng but anything made by Forest River during those bad years, or maybe all of them.

Lotta stuff made by Fleetwood, Jayco, Keystone down here...

There is a Sunnybrook / Gulfstream / Heartland Dealer just 5 minutes from where I stay. May go there to look around.

TexasClodhopper

Patrick, don't check any squares in NADA. A dealer won't, and I wouldn't if I were a buyer or a seller. Use the value as it shows from the Manufacture, year and model.

Since you're buying ... use the smallest number!

Grandview Trailer Sa

Patrick,
You go SHOPPING for that SunnyBrook or Gulf Stream and then let me know what you want and like. Let me price it for you.

Patrick-HMS

TexasClodhopper - 8/22/2009 7:00 AM

Patrick, don't check any squares in NADA. A dealer won't, and I wouldn't if I were a buyer or a seller. Use the value as it shows from the Manufacture, year and model.

Since you're buying ... use the smallest number!

THANKS!

That makes it so easy that even I can do it...

Ken,

Thanks to you also - WGB 2U.

Patrick-HMS

Grandview Trailer Sa - 8/22/2009 10:19 AM

Patrick,
You go SHOPPING for that SunnyBrook or Gulf Stream and then let me know what you want and like. Let me price it for you.

Ken,

Will probably do that later - THANKS! (need to get up to Bedford County Va someday to find family gravesites anyway).

But right now I am in the market for a used RV, something, say $12K (or so) or under.

Since 1996, I have paid cash for EVERYTHING I buy, even car and truck, so NO current plans to go into any debt right now, will have to save awhile before I can buy a new one for cash. I can do that, will just take a little time.

At that dealership, the TT I saw that I liked the best on the whole lot (leastwise from the LOOKS of them), was a 2010 Heartland RV Eagle Ridge 34 QSRL, 4 slides, really nice inside, which is what I am most concerned about (other than total build quality anyway). I plan to live inside full-time, so it would be nice for it to be very nice inside.

The interior, fit and finish, inside comfort and appearance are more important to me than exterior looks, as long as build quality and fit and finish are there.

Although it was very very nice on the inside, who has got $50K for a trailer?

At least Gulf Stream and Sunnybrook seem like they would be more affordable when time comes for a new one...

Reason for buying used, let me equate to a used vehicle - in a vehicle, if I were buyng used, I would rather buy a used Cadillac than a used Chevy. Would get a lot more vehicle (interior luxury and quality) for the money, imho. Lower resale can benefit the buyer in a luxury vehicle.

I recently bought an '06 Cadillac SRX (27K miles) for less than I would have had to pay for an '06 Ford Explorer. Both are nice vehicles, but the Caddy only moreso (imho), especially for less money.

Kinda same here - that was what attracted me to that OP 1991 Kingsley, but I just could not allow myself to buy a 1991 model.

It seems like a buyer's market, when buyer has cash, so I still think I might get more for whatever I spend if I buy late model, little used, or a foreclosed unit than buying a new one for retail.

Will keep looking, THANKS for all the input.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Check out my profile and go to my website. I have several used 5th Wheels right now. 2 traded in on Friday. I don't have pics posted yet on those, weather bad, but will soon.

Kirk

Ken (GTS),

If you wished you could buy a copy of the "2009 Older Recreation Vehicle Appraisal Guide" which covers Model years 1975-1994. It is a separate book and I doubt that you would use it a great deal, but it is available. Check out this link.....

http://www.nadaguides.com/priceguides/

Patrick-HMS

Grandview Trailer Sa - 8/22/2009 7:03 PM

Check out my profile and go to my website. I have several used 5th Wheels right now. 2 traded in on Friday. I don't have pics posted yet on those, weather bad, but will soon.

Ken,

Already been to your website, SEVERAL times, looking at everything you have in your inventory.

I LOVE that 45' Teton, although I suspect I have bought stickbuilt houses for less than that would sell for...lol

But the Jayco or the Sandpiper are more in line with my reality for right now.

Grandview Trailer Sa

One that is not there is a 2007 SunnyBrook, Sunset Creek, 5th wheel...gonna post it and pics on Monday. Just came in today

Patrick-HMS

Grandview Trailer Sa - 8/22/2009 10:18 PM

One that is not there is a 2007 SunnyBrook, Sunset Creek, 5th wheel...gonna post it and pics on Monday. Just came in today

Thanks,

I'll wait, look forward to seeing it.

That 45' Teton you have costs a BUNCH, doesn't it?