trying to raise my 5th. wheel

downhill

Hi, I'm new around here so go easy on me. I just bought a 2007 Brookside 289 FWRLS and I'm pulling it with a 2011 F-350 4x4 crew cab short bed with a Pull right supper slide 5th. wheel hitch. My problem is when I'm hocked up the trailer sets 5" lower in the back so I'm not even close to level and there for have very little clearance between truck bed rail and trailer. I'm thinking of installing 3-4" spacer blocks between my Lippert 5200 LBS axles and leaf springs. Any thoughts? Is this a bad idea, or am I on the right track. Thanks

downhill

Thanks krsmitty, my leaf springs are already on top of my axles. But they only have a +/- 1" spacer block and I'm thinking if I was to increase then to 5" tall blocks and of course longer U bolts mite work. I don't think changing the tires from the existing 15" up to 16" or 17"? would make much different s.

C Nash

The only soluction I see is the blocks to raise the rv. Only problem is the extra hight may affect stability. The tires want make much difference but you probbly need to go to a better tire than what comes on it anyway Welcome to the forum

downhill

Hi sccamper, thanks for the links. I should be well within any legal height set by states I travel through. My 5er is 12' and I would be going up Maybe 5". Not sure where I read it but someone said to pull my trailer up on a ramp made of my leveling blocks until unit is level, then measure the blocks under the tires to get the right size spacer blocks to fit between axle and leaf springs. sounds like a good way of making sure I buy the right size. c nash thanks for your thoughts, I just bought this trailer and fortunately it came with almost new 10 ply tires. my last 5er was a 2013 Cougar that set higher new than this one will set after I'm done. that being said I'm going to look for some wood to knock on right now.