TT monitor?

smilinjohn

Is it possible to add a electronic monitor to keep track of fresh water used, grey and black tank accumulation, electric and other? Where might I find info to read about on-line?

:) John

smilinjohn

Re: TT monitor?

No, Ken, the new 2010 KZ Sportsmen Classic 14RK does not come with monitor, but I'd like to have one. Perhaps, I did not pay enough to have one included.....$6,305 + tax/lic. Standard features include elect. refer, elect. hotplate, single bowl sink, 10 gal. fresh water, 15 gal. grey, 5 gal. black tank, city water fill, 12V water pump, 12V converter w/charger, 13" tires, tinted windows, wired for both 120V and 12V + 5K Btu AC, toilet, awning, spare tire, 4 stabilizer jacks.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Never seen a trailer with tanks, without a monitor....

To answer your first question, all the parts are available, but you will have to be able to get to your tanks to install the sensors and then you will have to be able to run wires to the monitor where ever you mount it in the trailer. There is a wiring harness at each tank to read the sensors, wires from them go to the monitor. Then you need 12 volts at the monitor that comes from the battery to make it function. That is how the monitor tells you battery condition also. Hope that makes some sense...

brodavid

you get what you pay for, if you wanted simple you got simple, I looked it up and nice small trailer, What is the weight of trailer and what are you pulling it with, just curious.

smilinjohn

Thanks for the info, Ken.....perhaps, I can have my dealer wire it up for monitor system. If I don't install electronic monitor, how can I keep a check on tank levels? Checking voltage at the batteries would be simple enough.

BroDavid.....TT = 2,060 lb. dry weight with options in it. TT GVWR = 2,700 lbs. Tow vehicle = 1997 Ford Explorer All Wheel Drive, 5.0 liter V-8, includes factory tow pkge. (with x-mission cooler). The TT has electric brakes that I'm controlling with a good brake controller. To the Class III hitch I'm adding pro series sc high performance Weight Distrib. trunnion-style hitch, with built-in sway control. Just trying to be safe, not dead.