tv ppower

kenjolly

How do i get power to my TV while im driving. I have 2005 Jayco Seneca and i cant find how disconnect the safety. Niether tv will work while driving.

C Nash

Re: tv ppower

The front tv is not supposed to work while driving. I would not disconnect the safety feature as it could lead to a fine or worse cause an accident. Not famaliar with the Seneca but I would take it back to the dealer if the rear tv will not work if it is supposed to. Most rear units will while the rv is running.

C Nash

Just an after thought. Are you running the generator? I know, it's a dumb :question: but the tv has to have 110 volts :)

Kirk

Starting the engine will open a relay in the 120V power supply to the front TV in many motorhomes because the law in most states requires that any TV that is viewable from the driver's seat must be disabled. The rear one should operate just fine as long as there is 120V power, which won't be available unless you are plugged into shore power or your genset is running. On the front TV there is a fuse that can be removed if it is properly wired that will prevent that relay from operating. It is pretty easy to do but you will have to locate the fuse.

kenjolly

Thanks for the info, its a stretch to see the front TV but my wife and son can see it from the living room.

Yes i did have the gen on.

I will look for the fuse.

Thanks