Tybee Island Ga

buftflair

Has anyone stayed at Tybee Island Ga, there is a campground near the beach according to the internet. I was thinking of making a quick trip this weekend if it gets good recommendations form the forum. I have looked in the destination form and only found one reference.

dennis1949

Re: Tybee Island Ga

We road out there in June while in Savannah to look at the campground. I will get fussed at for this but we were glad we didn't stay there. Campsites seemed awful close together and did not look like they kept it very clean. We stayed at Hardeeville RV park. No bathhouse but full hookups. Off beaten path and was very quiet at night and daytime. About 20 minute drive into Savannah. Only thing that bothered us was the crickets and tree frogs. Make sure you eat at Uncle Bubba's Qyster House on the way to Tybee Island. It was fantastic

DL Rupper

Re: Tybee Island Ga

Hey buftflair, we stayed there for a month in 1999. Tybee Island was a fun place, but the campground is not the greatest. This past Mar we too stayed at Hardeeville RV park in South Carolina. It is the closest and best reasonably priced campground to Savannah, GA. In fact one of the reviews in www.RVparkreviews.com on the park is mine.

With the possible Hurricane coming, I would advise caution as the road in and out of Tybee Island can be under water during bad storms. :(