Upgrading the floor.

jpeterman57

The linoleum and carpet on my 2004 TT is starting to look pretty tired and I wonder how difficult it would be to rip it all out and replace with wood tile or something similar from Home Depot or Lowes.
Is there a flat plywood floor underneath that would be easy to tile? What about where the linoleum and carpet meet, the trim divider, whats underneath there?

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: Upgrading the floor.

Your linoleum is laying on top of OSB or plywood. When your trailer was made, the lino was rolled out over the floor. The carpet was then installed over the lino. There is nothing at the lino/carpet edge except a lot of staples. You need to leave carpet in front of the slideout about 18" out, if you have one.

IF you have a slideout, you need to be careful of the thickness of wood flooring. Too thick, the slide floor won't slide over it.

jpeterman57

Gosh Kurt ,you are a wealth of information! Just what I needed to know. Thank You very much :approve:

G

Ken is right on the under the the florr covering ,, it is usb or plain plywood and hope full it is level ,, nad i see no problems in redoing it in what u want ,, but as ken said ,, be carefull aorund the slide ,, if u have one :approve: :approve:
Btw Ken ,, u think he might have ment Ken Hurt ,, Jk u :approve: :(

C Nash

Now Jeff I'm the only one here that's allowed senior moments :laugh: ;)

G

yea but it will take ken a few ,, to figure it out :laugh: