Vacuum Cleaners

Sue

We are needing to purchase a new vacuum cleaner. We need one with a fold down handle and fairly small but with a powered beater bar. Please share your thoughts with us. Thank you. Sue

DL Rupper

Re: Vacuum Cleaners

Dirt devil or other small lightweight vacuum in the $50/80 range. Wal-Mart carries a couple of brands. We still use a small Dirt Devil 3amp vacuum we purchased 12 years ago (has beater bar). Works great when you are out and about. :laugh:

C Nash

Dang DL :eek: You know we are not supposed to let them women know that we even know what a vacuum cleaner is :laugh: I thought it was something that cleaned the engine vacuum on your diesel :laugh: :laugh: :disapprove: :sleepy: ;)

bazzer

AAh,Can't you just imagine Chelse with fishnet stockings with the seams up the back, little white frilly apron,feather duster in one hand vacuume in the other and wife with rolling pin in hand supervising,I'd pay money to see that, :laugh: :laugh: "you've missed a bit bionggg" :eek: :) :)

DL Rupper

Sorry guys. My wife claims she has back problems everytime it's time to vacuum. I know all the ins and outs of what vacuum to use on the road. I also carry a very small 1 gal Shop Vac to do all the hard to reach places and of course the interior of my DODGE CTD. :approve:

C Nash

Bazzer there you go with that England talk again. Now tell me in red neck english what I missed :laugh:

Sue, Sorry to get off your topic and welcome to the forum. I agree with DL on the Dirt Devil but, don't tell him ;)

hertig

I carry a small wet/dry vacuum (Dewalt) ever since I didn't use a water pressure regulator and blew the toilet supply line. Great for getting up puddles, and for getting in corners and spilled cat litter. Then for the floor area, I use a Hoover Flair bagless stick vaccuum with powered beater which seems to do a pretty good job on the carpet and tile for its size and weight.

If size and weight (and cost) is a concern, I got a gonga deal on a Shark HEPA handheld with a suction powered beater brush at Walgreens after the holidays. Seems to work pretty good if you don't mind getting down on your hands and knees to sweep.

minerz

RE: Vacuum Cleaners

We have a Central Vac. Put it in our old 5er, and then transferred it to the new one. Great all attchments fit under the bed.
Cost was $300.00. It's about the size of a 5 gallon bucket. Plus I use it to clean my truck when I have a few minutes up in the hills.

hertig

Well now, just saw a neat entry in this market at a RV show.

Small (less than 10 x 19 x 6), light (8 lbs), powerful (11 amps), available in white, black or beige. It can be temporaily mounted on any surface (4 keyhole mounting slots) or mounted flush in a cutout. Hose reaches at least 35 feet. HEPA filtration is available. There is a 'built in' model available so you could mount this in a bay and have just a switched outlet inside the 'house'. Looked to be very well made and the show price seemed reasonable for a 'built in'.

The web site is www.intervacdesign.com, and the guy who demonstrated it to me (who may be able to give a better price and upgrade to 10 year warranty) is Mort Jensen (805)-720-1888. Camping World catalog lists the same thing with a Dometic label.

They claim most people don't need them, but there is an air powered and a rechargable battery powered beater brush available as options.