vehichle insurance ?

debsu50

Does anyone know anything about National  Intersatate Ins.?  We have it on our truck, we plan to travel in.and was going to get it on our 5th wheel .Untill someone has a claim.really you dont know if the company is good.Cant find any reviews on it.But we were looking for traveling full time insurance.And this company we were told handled fulltimers.I now have heard GMC Ins. is good.but w/ all the money problems there w/ thier sales.We dont know how well they will continue to be.January we will need to decide.wether to continue this insurance.Price wise it is average. We have a new 2008 3/4 ton diesel GMC truck.Nation wide I did see reviews on and wasnt very good.The business I saw on the internet looked like National Interstate has done well. Debsu50

C Nash

Re: vehichle insurance ?

Debsu50, I have Progressive and have been pleased with them. I do not have any experience with National so have no opinion.

Kirk

They have a pretty good reputation and their policies have been sold by any number of independent agencies. They are, or at least were the underwriter that writes the insurance sold by Good Sam, and several national agencies that specialize in coverage for RV folks also sell for them.

debsu50

Thanks i feel better knowing they are o.k Cant wait to get our home sold.We wanted out of here in December ! Debsu50

utmtman

National interstate is one of the most often used rv insurance out there as well as a big one for many of the trucking companies. They started as a trucking insurance many years ago and expanded to rvs.
Personal question, why when ever someone asks about any insurance on any post in any group, the usual first post is by someone with progressive to say they have it and they are happy. There is a progressive insurance salesman from Florida on one of the rv forums, he told me he could beat anyones prices, I told him what I pay from Allstate for rv insurance and what the price national interstate reps offered me for rv insurance and he said he could not touch it with a ten foot pole. LOL go figure.

TexasClodhopper

Lee, I have all of them quote me at every renewal opportunity. I've stayed with Progressive each time.

I don't know what kind of deal you get, but if you don't insure for WAY over $300,000 etc., you can't really compare prices. I have a $1M rider/supplemental on mine.

Insurance is like sausage ... you better know the ingredients before you start comparing prices.

... and none of this says anything about how an insurance company settles claims.

vanole

Debsu50,

I have had them for eight years now. Insured and 00 Dip and an 07 Dynasty with them. I had one claim summer of 07 to the tune of 7K. Rates did not go up on remewal. Payed instantly no questions asked. In the 8 years of having them we did change store fronts. Initially purchased through AON. Upon renewal could not get a person on the phone that my wife could understand. Wife is hispanic person on far end was asian. Wife got fed up called National Interstate and got a store front closer to us. Presently with Tom Johnson and agents name is Hillary Watkins. She is in one word awesome!. IF you have any questions or other concerns feel free to ask.

V/R
Jeff

C Nash

Lee, I have no connection at all, other thanMH insured,with Progressive. I can't compare cost with anyone if I don't know the coverage they have. I do know that I have tried most ever time I receive a letter from GS and call them wirh my info they have never been cheaper than progressive. I have all my insurance through a local independent agency that I know and have had all my insurance for years with and he shops around for the best price for me. Progressive has always been very easy to work with on claims for me. One totaled car, two MH windshields and a toad wind shield. I generally just pass the info along to other campers for them to ck for themselves. As you know I do have a lot of opinions. :laugh:

utmtman

I think we all do Nash, opinions that is, or we may not be here. lol I pay 1000 a year on my rv insurance with 20,000 on personal property, includes our two dolly, and a 100 dollar deductible to Allstate. After talking to most all the insurance companies when I bought my rv I found only one who came close and it was Flying J insurance which is also, RV Insurance and half a dozen other companies all selling under the major name of National Interstate. Unfortunately my rv got wrecked the very first time we went out with it due to a non working backup camera and an immovable tree. Allstate paid with no problems. Years ago we had one of them Modular homes which at one time they were called Trailer Houses. Anyway we bought it in the 90's and put it out in the country. None of the insurance companies would insure it due to not being in a trailer park except for Allstate. We have been with them since and they have handled us thru a flood we had the first year at the house, two wrecks one with the wifes car and one with my truck and the motor home. Only the rv being our fault though and yet we still pay less than any other insurance. Only reason I did not go with National Interstate Insurance was because they dont do less than 250 dollar deductible and they require half the insurance for year up front and and we pay monthly and prefer it that way. So we keep Allstate.

vanole

Lee,

I'm almost positive (don't have my insurance paperwork in front of me) that National Interstate has 3 maybe 4 payment options. None of which are monthly if I remember correctly.. I do know that if you pay it all at once you save quite a bit of money. Not sure about the deductable. When I get my arm out of the cast and sling I will go get the paperwork ot of the M/H and check.

V/R
Jeff