Visitor from the UK

Discussion in 'General RVing' started by MOJO, Jan 30, 2018.

  1. MOJO

    MOJO New Member

    We have just recieved our ten year visa allowing up to six months per stay.
    We plan to set up a Montana LLC to purchase a RV and tour the USA many times.
    However I am now thinking a trailer with tow car may be a cheaper option.
    It all depends on finding out if RVs use campsites most of the time.If so,then the trailer gives us a car to explore .
    What are your thoughts please.
  2. DanKearney

    DanKearney New Member

    In your case, you want to explore. So I would agree that a travel trailer would fit you better. You can set up camp and then spend a few days traveling around in the car to visit. With a motor home, you have to pack up everything each time you need to go somewhere. In my case, I have a very short Class C (less than 6m), but I pull a small flatbed trailer behind it with one or two motorbikes for local travel.

    BTW, I've camped in a few UK camping parks, be prepared for a big step down in quality over here.


    Dan K.

Share This Page