W22 Reduced Power mode

Snowy

On Thursday night I drove 180 miles in a North Easter storm arrived at campsite at about 22:30 and was trying to find my site when rig came to a stop, engine running on what sounded like 4 cylinders with display showing Reduced Power mode. I tried various ways to rest, nothing worked. All that happened was I got soaked to the bone. Spent the night just where we were. Friday checked all fuses, did a chassis battery disconnect, engine would start and run at about 1000 RPM and no more. Ended up with me being towed to nearest GM dealer. They plan to take a look on Monday AM. I think I read about this some time ago on your site. Is it a water related problem?

Clay L

Re: W22 Reduced Power mode

I would check the air filter and see if it is wet. Several motor home builders had problems with water run off getting into the air intake tuba and soaking the filter.

Snowy

I may be wrong, but I thought that was mostly a Ford problem. I did a visual check of the air intake and it was completely dry, therefor did not take it all apart.

snap

I would take a look and see if the engine has a mechanical throttle cable. If it does not its a fly by wire type The foot pedal sends a signal to the actual throttle blade via the pcm. if the motor that opens and closes the air flap is stuck or acting up the engine will only idle and will turn on the reduce power mode. If you got it towed hope you know somthing by now :) :question: :question:

Snowy

Snap! You hit he nail on the head..... I just got the RV back home, It has the fly by wire throttle, the module is on the left side of the steering column, I must have pulled or hooked the feed line. All they did was plug it back in and motor ran like a dream. :blush: