WAKE UP!!!

LEN

After the meals. Well I dun good, got Milepost and a couple more books on Alaska touring, and wine and gift cards. Plus a few tools. And the wife and all the kids seemed to be happy. So I know it's tough but I must get up early tomorrow and head for Mexico for the new year.
So HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!

LEN & PAT

G

RE: WAKE UP!!!

well i would like to go with u ,, Mexico for the new yr sounds good ,, as long as u'r staying on one of the islands down there :laugh: ,, no really have a good and safe travel ,, i wish i could ,, but we did have a white christmas ,, and still snowing ,, it started snowing around 4am ,, and has not let up since ,, but that's ok ,, me and Lynn and my daughter have a deal ,, they got 2 snows this yr ,, plus a white christmas ,, so they agreed to do all they can to make it my weather ,, and guess what ,, it's gonna be 62 new yrs day :eek: :eek: :cool: :cool:
see they did what they said ,, but i have a feeling this is only a front for the worst ,, just gotta wait and see ,, :approve: :) :)

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: WAKE UP!!!

LEN, travel safe.

I ate too much too, but back home now. Drove thru snow...took 3 hours to drive a 2 hour drive. Roads getting bad, but they will get ahead of it. Glad I dont have to go back to work till Tues.

G

Tuesday ???? :eek: :eek: :eek: ,, u must work on the government schedule for when holidays fall on weekends ,, ken ,, must be nice ... :angry: :angry: :angry: :disapprove: :disapprove: :laugh:

H2H1

hey lay off the us government employee, we just follow the rules. And Rod you only work when you want to, not that you have to or you would be working today instead of playing in the snow. hahaha. So glad that all we got was a dusting here in south Ga. anyway back at work on Wednesday. :laugh:

rjf7g

I am scheduled to go back to work on January 3 - hoping the weather cooperates so this "government employee" can go camping before the new year!

H2H1

Becky I will be camping out in the house, no since in getting the MH dirty with all that snow and salt :laugh:

Grandview Trailer Sa

I just wish I was looking at a "governmet employees" retirement....

We are doing Christmas tonight with the Grandchildren and my Daughter/SIL is down from PA. They are not leaving till tomorrow afternoon, so yea..we are taking tomorrow off.

rjf7g

Hollis, my class C is set up at the same campground Ken put my park trailer on. I don't drive it any more than I have to for fear it will fall apart going down the road!

cwishert

Well I too am a Government Employee but at the State level. We did not get an extra hour off this year. We lost Christmas Day and the day after. We heard a rumor that Governor Perry was going to let us off on Thursday before Christmas Eve but I was still there at 5:00 and he had not made that call. Next year will be just as bad. Any way Christmas was good but Santa brought me a sore throat, a runny nose and all over body aches! How's that Tex for TMI. :eek: :clown: :dead: But I did enjoy seeing the Granddaughters opening their presents and my oldest daughter made my day by being genuinely excited by her presents. :laugh: :cool: :) Yesterday though was rough and today I had to get up and come to work. :dead: And New Years eve I will be working all day and no camping in sight for the next three months due to my Government job. And Ken I want to know what you think is so great about the retirement check? :eek: :cool: :laugh: :clown:

H2H1

Carol he think that us Government retiree make a lot of money. And he is still working and would like to retire so he can go camping more. He just don't know we are starving on our little check and we got "0" COLA this year same as last year. BUT we are happy :laugh: I am standing on the ground looking down, and not in the ground facing up to the ground. :laugh: :laugh:

cwishert

Yea Hollis, I know. They think that we rake in the big bucks while we are working and then continue to get the same amount after retirement. As for me I still have 6 years, 7 months and 11 days until retirement so I will not be full timing for a while. But after retirement I will only be getting 60% of my check and they will continue to take out for insurance and taxes so really what will I have left? :( :eek: But if I get to go to full time camping after I retire, it will all be worth it!!! :) :laugh: Like I tell my husband, you can do any thing you want to if you want to bad enough. It's not all about the money!!! If you want to full time then you can full time, you may have to go back to the basics like gardening, hunting, fishing, finding a cow to milk. :clown: I wouldn't mind it!! Of course it would be hard to have a garden if you are not at the same place for very long. :) :laugh: You may have to barter for the milk and veggies. :approve: :laugh:

TexasClodhopper

It's not that we resent you folks personally or anything. You know we don't. You're just taking advantage of what's available. (You should be wary of depending on that "pension", though, because "... there is no more money! ...")

The argument is that if folks work in the private sector for the SAME 30 years running their own business or working for a small business, there's no "check" coming in the mail. All other things remaining equal, of course.

:8ball: :8ball: :8ball: :8ball: :8ball: :8ball: :8ball: :8ball: :8ball: :8ball: :8ball: :8ball: :8ball:

We had to import our family this year, but we all had a great time. We really appreciated watching the "in laws" swap gifts (mostly for the kids) and wouldn't have it any other way! :laugh:

H2H1

hey Tex I am not worried about my retirement check going away, but those I owe may. :laugh: :laugh: .. And since my car,truck and MH are paid for I will not worry to much. But I know businessmen like Ken depend on sells and repairs to paid the bill and not picking on him at all, and you know that. BTW AREN'T YOU RETIRED???? :question: :question: :clown: :clown:

cwishert

Tex I wasn't saying I have it rough or anything. I know I should have more to fall back on but I like to spend my money now! :eek: :laugh: I guess when it comes time for me to retire I will have to remember that! :clown: Well we shall see what life brings! Happy New year to all!