wall slide issue

SuperC6319

We have a Gulfstream 6319 with a wall slide, and as you are facing the wall slide - just the lower left corner is remaining out by about an inch. The other three corners appear to be pulled in tight as usual. I am not sure what the issue is - we have had many trips and about 28,000 miles in 2 years with no issues. I was curious what stops the motor when going in? Is it a limit switch or a function of the load on the motor?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
John

C Nash

Re: wall slide issue

Welcome to the forum John. Sounds like you just need to adjust the slide. Not sure on what stops the motor but Rod or Ken from GTS will be here and be able to answer that. Ken sells the GS so he will know and give you an honest answer.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Yea, sounds like a slight adjustment is needed. My trailers don't have the full wall slide, but all slides are about the same.

SuperC6319

RE: wall slide issue

What I have found is that this wall slide has two motors driving the horizontal gear. It is made by Power Gear. They tell me the only way to adjust is to bring into a dealer that has a "teach pendant" for controlling the motors. Of course the closest person I can find to do it is over 2 hrs away. Has anyone run into this before? I'm thinking this is just independantly running one of the motors in / out to realign the 3/4-1" gap I have. I feel the issue is that the rear of the wall has skipped maybe just 1 or 2 teeth somehow so when I am closing -that side is closed just before the front of the wall is. My idea is ...if I disconnect the front motor and then try to slide the unit out just a bump of the switch to be out the same distance as the front, then reconnect the front motor before trying to slide back in.....does that sound like it will work? If not, I guess I can grab a six pack, crowbar and hammer and send the wife and kids into town for the day and see what I can accomplish.

Grandview Trailer Sa

The slides in my trailers are not set up like that, so I have no experience with that type. Power Gear is a good slide maker and I would follow their advice. Personally I would take a road trip and get it fixed correctly.