WalMart no camping

thumbs

I found a site a while ago and thought I saved it but I guess not. Can anyone give me a site that lists the WalMarts that do not allow overnight parking of RV's.

Thanks

jimbee

WalMart no camping

just come back from Az and found that wal mart in Cheyenne wyoming had the whole lot posted " No overnight camping". needless to say we didn't buy anything there either, and will always bypass it. All others were great and we also shopped alot.

FREDDYBEE

WalMart no camping

WALMART: THE ONLY REASON THAT A WALMART HAS A NO PARKING SIGN IS BECAUSE THE CAMPGROUNDS IN THE AREA MADE THE LOCAL CITY COUNCIL PASS A LAW AGAINST OVERNIGHT PARKING ANYWHERE BUT THEIR CAMPGROUNDS. THIS IS HAPPENING IN A LOT OF TOWNS. BECAUSE THE CAMPGROUND OWNERS ARE GREEDY. THERE ARE A LOT OF INCONSIDERATE PEOPLE THAT SPEND A WEEK AT A TIME AT DIFFERENT WALMARTS. I SELL MOTOR HOMES AND TALK TO A LOT OF PEOPLE THAT HAVE NEVER SPENT A DIME IN A CAMPGROUND, FREDDY BEE, GO TO MY WEB SITE WWW.FREDDYBEE.NET FOR HUNDREDS OF BARGAINS.

flyboy1

WalMart no camping

Hey let me get in on this one,
My wife is the Manager of A Wal-Mart supercenter and from what I have heard you cant blame Wal-Mart sometimes. She has had trouble with people pulling very large rigs in to here parking lot and taking up a large number of spaces by parking length wise down the middle of a parking row, filling the outer store garbage cans with what appeared to be several days of trash. I personally have witnessed a very high end class a motorhome ( Prevost ) pull over the storm drains in her store parking lot and drain his holding tanks both gray and black. From what she has told me official policy is to make rvers happy but it has got to be tough when folks have been given a nice inch and obusivly take a mile. The Police force in the small town where her store is located have started to enforce no overnight parking not to apease campground owners but beacause it has gotten out of hand.

buckbs

WalMart no camping

I have no doubt that what Flyboy1 says is true. I own an RV, and live in a resort area where the "snowbird" RV'ers come to escape the cold weather in the winter, but their "skinflint" ways and their "agressive" actions turn off the whole community. They don't tip the waitresses in the restaurants and the way that they drive resembles a demolition derby.

buckbs

trainpix

WalMart no camping

Yes...what's up with this...you owners of gigantic 'rolling bordello' mirrored ceiling $500,000 busses? You pay this, YET seem to all want to stay FREE in Wal Mart lots, put out all 12 of your slide-outs, fire up the 3 plasma TVs & run your generators all night! This (all true) would seem to be a bad joke if we had not seen it over & over ourselves! Hard to believe such crass cheapness. C'mon...break your cheap hearts, park with others of your kind & PAY the $30 for the 'luxury' RV resort where such as you belong in the first place!!!! Come on you rich guys...it LOOKS bad. Just leave the Wal Mart lots for those of us who actually NEED to use them from time to time....! :dead:

lookn-ahead

WalMart no camping

Hey Thumbs, that Dodge got a mirror on the ceiling? That fiver cost half a mil? Naw, didn't think so. Wonder what the previous post was all about? Seeya at Wally World

C Nash

WalMart no camping

Yes, I don't like paying 30 bucks for 4 hr sleep when I'm traveling. I will stay in the campgrounds if staying for more than just a few hours sleep. Nope mine didn't cost a mil and wife and I have done without to finally fullfill our life long dream. Never have even put a slide out or jacks down in wallys parking lot and always fill up with gas before leaving. Vist our local wal mart at least twice a week shopping. Why would I want a mirrow on the ceiling :eek:

buckbs

WalMart no camping

Chelse is probably right. Most of us are too tired and too old (had to wait a long time to retire) to do anything that would be of interest on a mirrored ceiling-ha!

The fact is that I do see a lot of very expensive, and very large RV's parked close enough in to be a problem in the parking lot of the Walmart that I shop at.

I personally do not stop at Walmarts for the night. Prefer a few of the comforts of home that an RV park offers.

buckbs

PatA

WalMart no camping

This situation seems so typical, a few "don't give a ****" give our whole group a bad image. A friend of mine who plows snow off of several Walmart lots said he has been confronted by an angy RVer who insisted that he stop work as it was keeping him awake. We have a medium size class A coach and don't park on a Walmart lot except when we are just going to be sleeping for several hours. And we follow several of our comman sense rules, a. park at the back of the lot taking up as few spaces as practical, b. don't extend slide outs, c. don't run a generator except for 10 or so minutes to use the microwave etc., d. don't leave ANY trash etc. behind and e. DO shop at the store (we all need something). Hopefully, the thoughtless RVers won't cause all of us to lose this option as it is so much more convenient than finding a campground, registering, hooking up to elec., water & sewer, and unhooking for just a few hours sleep. PS, the Winter Texans and Snowbirds we know and observe pretty much all are generous tippers and spenders and the merchants where we have gone are delignted to see us.