wanna bake, but can't---please help!`

MaryBlue

:( :( :disapprove: When we camped last time I wanted to bake biscuits to have w/milk gravy. My pilot light did light, but when I set the oven to desired temperature, the main burner never did light. We have a 98 HiLo----can anyone tell me how to determine whether propane is able to enter the main burner line? Thanks everyone---I appreciate any help. Our closest service dept. is 80 miles away!!

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: wanna bake, but can't---please help!`

Sounds to me that your thermocouple is bad. It reads the heat from the pilot and lets the main gas valve open to let gas to your burner. If it fails, no bisquits. They are not expensive and you should be able to replace it on your own if you get someone to mail you the thermocouple.

If you get me the model and serial of your oven, usually located under the top cover around your stove top burners, I could probably help you.

try2findus

Re: wanna bake, but can't---please help!`

Everyone on this forum is so helpful and so quick to respond to posts from people like us who are "trying to get a clue", yet I notice a lot of people fail to thank you all or even to post back. I get so curious wondering if these solutions work, in case we run into the same problems on down the line...

I hope MaryBlue lets us know if that fixed her problem. Seems like an easy fix and I hope she takes your excellent advice. We had the same thing happen to our oven at home and we also repaired it ourselves.

From all of us newbies, WE THANK YOU!