Want to know very best over all lengtht to buy?

Johnny Walker

Hi everyone looking to buy class A rv. Not sure on length .I am sure i can drive any length.Me and wife only will be traveling on trips of 4 to 6 weeks at a time .I do not want to tow a car but am thinking of may be a small Harley Sporster on rear bumper.The length thing is my problem i want to be able to go to most rv parks without parking problems .I also would like to know overall lengths so i dont have problems in cities .Hope to hear as many as possible different opinion thanks.

C Nash

Re: Want to know very best over all lengtht to buy?

Johnny that is something only you will be able to answer. We have a 33 ft with 2 slides that serves us well. I don't like the idea of a MC hung on the rear. Affects handling IMO. Length does not matter as far as driving. A lot will depend on type camping you plan on doing. Your budget may also determin length, diesel or gas burner. If I was towing a motorcycle I would go with a small inclosed trailer but I have seen them hung on the rear. May not make much difference on a big diesel pusher.

Triple E

I agree with Nash. I have a 37 foot and have had no problems camping or driving in the city. Hauling you MC on the rear? You will need to check you tongue weight. On my MH, my tongue weight is only 300 pounds. But most are higher. You will need to be sure what your tongue weight will be as well as the Gross Vehicle Weight. ;)

:8ball:

RE: Want to know very best over all lengtht to buy?

i'd say go to a dealers, sit in as many different sizes/layouts as you can
i think in some cases, the layout of the RV is as important as the length
i'm planning on doing just that in a couple of weeks time

me i'm considering my first RV purchase 97/99 winnebago brave 27 to 30 feet long
i need to see one in the flesh first

duffysjim

John
I'd like to jump on this band wagon as well. I have a 28 foot Fleetwood Scorpion S1 Pop-up with a back deck for my bike. I retire in two years and like you want to do some extensive traveling. I am thinking Diesel pusher or FRED about 30 feet with slides. I will tow my HD in an Iron Horse trailer from TN. Karen and I sat (for about 30 minutes) in a Tiffin Allergo which was "on sale" for $204K at the Louisville RV show last month. It Was Nice!!! but 204K??? Niet! I'd like to see the Tiffin Breeze when it comes out next month but I have no idea what it will cost. I have been checking the Damon Avanti, Four Winds Serrano and the Winnebago Via. They all go for about $135-150K MSRP and are nice. If anyone can help John here, he can help me too. I know that the ultimate decision lies with the user but learning from your mistakes can save me some big time bucks and heartache.
Thanks to all
Jim

rsssc

Fellow RVers, I started with a slide in PU camper then to a 21ft C-- 28ft A--32 ft A --33ft--35 ft--38ft--and to the present 40 ft pusher. I have to say the longer the better. More room, comfort, and storage. All were preowned and reasonable. I am now looking for a 45 ft. Most camp grounds have a few sites for long rigs. We pull a 16 ft car trailer and rearly have to back out of a site. Good hunting, RB

RicChamplin

RV's are just like boats. You see a 20 footer boat and think this is 'huge'. Two years later you are back to the boat show and now get a 24 footer. Then again and again til you end up with a 40 foot trawler. You have paid the higher price for multiple boats plus tax and ended up with the 40 footer you could of/should of purchased to begin with. Now, some parks limit the size but most can handle the bigger rigs. Nicer ride, more storage etc etc. Go with the biggest you can afford.

C Nash

I still say it depends on the type camping you will be doing. We have been in several places that no way could you have got in with a large rv. Even in some cgs that have long spaces they may be full. If you plan on just staying in resorts and no out of the way cgs get the biggest you can afford. Drive them all, decide the type camping you will enjoy, where you will be traveling and then make the decision that best suits you. Research and look and don't rush. Have had our 33 ft since 2002 and no desire for larger. Might go smaller but age enters here. Bigger is not always better IMO