Washer/dryer

DCLC

Just getting started in the RV community. As we look at what's out there (used MH), my better half eliminates anything that doesn't include a washer or at least a hook-up. I've heard it takes a week to dry jeans but is handy for underwear. Any experiences or thoughts on this.

LEN

Re: Washer/dryer

We use ours once in a while. Yes washing is good drying is slow but it gets the job done. Most of the time we just use the facilities every two weeks and get everything done up in a hurry.

LEN

akjimny

Re: Washer/dryer

Hi Dave and welcome to the RVUSA Forum. I don't have a washer/dryer in my motorhome and wouldn't buy one just because it had one. I value storage space more than the convenience of having my own. Every campground I've stayed at has had laundry facilities - some good, some bad. Boss Lady and I pack enough clothes for two weeks or so, and I do wash once a week or thereabouts. Haven't run out of socks and undies yet. :eek: :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :) :)

DCLC

RE: Washer/dryer

Thanks for the input. I don't see it as a deal breaker either. Lots of nice MHs out there without.

TravelRVing

RE: Washer/dryer

When we got our first motorhome I wouldn't consider one without the washer and dryer. I think I used the washer once and the dryer twice. It's like watching paint dry. Too time consuming. Our second motorhome has a washer and dryer also. Haven't used them yet, but I'm sure I will some day. As in other replies-- most campgrounds have adequate facilities for washing clothes every week or so. :kiss: