washing towels?

Discussion in 'General RVing' started by Hicks41, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Hicks41

Hicks41 New Member

I was wondering if this was a problem for fulltimers, or any travlers. I was wanting to get some feed back on a product I came up with a Fullsize disposable bath towel, crystowel.com. Any comments would be great positive or negative. I just graduated Texas Tech and I started this idea so some advice would be great for a newbie.
    Thanks

2. SnowbirdInFlight

SnowbirdInFlight Senior Member

washing towels?

Great idea, but too pricey to use everyday. Might be good for occasional use, but I personally wouldn't buy them when I can wash my towels for pennies.

3. Grandview Trailer Sa

Grandview Trailer Sa Senior Member

washing towels?

I agree, right at a dollar each, plus shipping.....

4. SnowbirdInFlight

SnowbirdInFlight Senior Member

washing towels?

Question about this towel. How sturdy is it? If you grab it like a regular towel by both ends and dry your back say, will it rip? Would you compare it more to a paper towel or a handiwipe? In other words, a paper towel has one use only where a handiwipe can actually be washed a few times before you have to toss it. If your towels were more on the handiwipe side, then I might have more of an interest.

5. nhvandagriff

nhvandagriff New Member

washing towels?

The company I work for, Horizon Industries, sells thousand of bath towels to the military and other government agencies. See www.horizonind.com.

6. cybercelt

cybercelt New Member

washing towels?

quote:Originally posted by Hicks41

I was wondering if this was a problem for fulltimers, or any travlers. I was wanting to get some feed back on a product I came up with a Fullsize disposable bath towel, crystowel.com. Any comments would be great positive or negative. I just graduated Texas Tech and I started this idea so some advice would be great for a newbie.
    Thanks

Good idea for emergencies, but I would not like to see another "disposable" in the landfill.

Recycle * Reuse * Repeat

7. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

washing towels?

And to think my Mother used to wash towels in a washpot poking them with a stick while I kept the fire going. Wrung them out by hand and hung on a line to dry. Have we got so lazy that we can't throw them in a washer and dryer? :eek: . We are a throw away society so is it any wonder that people are just throwing their children away. Throw away towel might be nice on the road though :approve: