washington dc

XXL PAPA

WE ARE GOING TO TRAVEL TO WASHINGTON,DC IN OCTOBER AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANY NICE CAMP GROUNDS IN THAT AREA ON THE VIRGINIA SIDE OF DC :laugh:

Cryzmath

washington dc

I don't know of any on the VA side, but on the MD side, there is one! It is an excellent RV park. It's Cherry Hill RV Park in College Park, MD (It's off route 1 on Cherry Hill Road, approx 2 miles from the beltway). http://www.cherryhillpark.com/index.html

You might want to look into AAA Campbooks or KOA's for camping on the VA side.

Good luck! It's beautiful here in October! Be sure to visit the Tidal Basin as the leaves change colors! :approve:

XXL PAPA

washington dc

THANKS CRYZMATH FOR THE INFORMATION. I WISH IT WAS ON THE VA SIDE! WE HAVE FRIENDS IN VA. WE HAVE FOUND 2 PLACES POHICK BAY REGIONAL PARK AND DUMFRIES IF YOU ARE EVER IN VA. IT LOOKS LIKE POHICK DOES NOT HAVE HOOK-UPS THOUGH.

THANKS AGAIN

Cryzmath

washington dc

I did see a few posted in the AAA camping books for RV -- give me a moment -- I'll find them and the campgrounds for you.
Bull Run Regional Park in Cenreville, VA (150 RV/Tent sites -- nothing about hook-ups) Phone is 703 631 0550.
Prince William Travel Trailer Village in Dumfries, VA (75 RV sites that have pull thru sites and 20-30 amps) Phone is 703 221 2474.
Greenville Farm Family Campground in HayMarket, VA (120 RV/Tent sites with 30 amps) Phone 703 754 7944.
Lake Fairfax Park in Reston, VA (32 RV & 17 RV/Tent sites with 15-30 amps) Phone 703 471 5415.
You can thank the AAA Campbook for information! :) I hope that answers your :question: s. Good luck! ;)