water damage questions

rentprop1

I'm pretty new here been lurking around for a while, I haven't seen any topics on repairing water damage. I hope this is the right place to ask and I even did a search for Water damage with only a few results. So please excuse me if I can ask a couple of newbe questions.

Background info :

Winnebago Class A 32 foot

has had a leak on drivers side just behind the drivers area at the top seam of the roof and where 2 of the side panels come together....as far as I know it has been leaking for the past 9 months and was just in WV through out the winter ( snow on the roof ) ...the side bubbled away 2 ft x 2 ft and at one point my mom said she pushed on it and it sounded like Ice behind it .
I'm pretty handy and have a partially covered area to work on it , plus I'm in West Central Florida and its the dry season for the next few months.
I gonna post a few pics so you can see what the damage from the outside looks like, but a few questions

is it about as easy as it looks just to remove the trip and peal back the outer skin and tear out and replace any rotten wood and insulation ??

is it easier to go in from the inside paneling ??

what kind of sealant or contact cement to re attach the side skins

I'm sure I'll have a bunch of questions when I actually tear into it, any link ot tips would be greatly appreciated

thanks

C Nash

Re: water damage questions

Sounds as though you have what is called delamination or seperation of the fiberglass from the panels assuming you have a fiberglass MH. Maybe Ken or Rod can better tell you what you have to do but think you will have to replace the panels JMO Welcome to the forum

RE: water damage questions

Every water damage is different and in my case the bedroom window leaked and damaged the interior paneling. I took it to the dealer and they did the fix by taking out all the paneling on the bedroom side wall,, sealed the window and replaced all the paneling. They did a nice job (the second time they did it.) Cost me about $675 about 5 years ago.

Don

rentprop1

Re: water damage questions

here are a couple of the pics of what I am working with, it seems to be fiberglass and leaking right at the seam ( trim )
what has me worried is the mold in the pic, I hope its not what is seeping out from behind the paneling, looks like its will be easy enough to remove the trim and peal back each piece and see what I have , then post more pics and ask more questions, the RV is still in WV I should be leaving to go get it and drive it to FL in a few weeks
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/rentprop1/WV2010008.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/rentprop1/WV2010009.jpg

you can also see in the pic looking upwards the skin has puffed out and popped that trim piece out a bit, this is the top of the 2 x 2 section that bubbled away

got any ideas or advice, lay it on me