water leaks

UnSatDRV08

Has anyone out there experienced a leak at all anywhere in any DRV products (formerly Doubletree RV)? We seem to have been caught with six (6) leaks so far and have only used the 5'r a few weeks since we bought it in 08. It has been sitting at the factory the rest of the time getting fixed? Let me know your thoughts, please. :(

C Nash

Re: water leaks

Welcome to the forum Drew. Never owned any DRV product but leaks are a common problem with rvs. Can be very hard to locate some times. Stay on it because leaks cause major damage if not caught in time. maybe some of the other posters might help.

UnSatDRV08

Well, you are right, the leaks are sometimes a bear to locate. Issue with this one is that we know where the leaks are and the factory can't seem to fix them and stay repaired. Then we find out they don't fix what they calim to have fixed either. What a disapointment in an RV manufacturer. Oh well. Our thought on posting these issues is to find all the owners of DRV products that have experienced these same leaks and let them know what an be done to repair the leak(s). The leaks we have had are indeed serious as they have gotten our electircal system wet to the point of corrosion of the converter and output lines to the power in the rig. My understanding is that this could cause fire hazards. Any thoughts would be taken in as a great help.
Thanks for your response.

UnSatDRV08

well, where to begin. In the shower lines, feed and drain. In the kitchen feed and drain, in the belly pan, full last time to where about 30 gallons dumped on the ground in front of me from where we have yet to determine. Then of course there is the vacuum that turned on by itself at 0430 one morning. The fridge that burned up when the power supply got wet enough to have corrosion on it from the water damage being so long in running. The basement floor that was flooded from water leaks. Then the factory foud the drip rail around the front end was leaking into the basement also. SO far to date, 6 leaks, no final resolution ot the issue. The factory has the rig for the second time now. They of course offer to repair it again (6 times) how many times do we undergo repairs until they finally just give up and replace it? All is to be deceided someday. We were given a loaner this past summer, that did not have water or electricity for us to enjoy. On top of that the holding tanks were not cleaned out when we got it and you can only imagine the "RV" experience we had as compared to Robin Williams, my wife had a riot laughing that one off. oF course after the fact that is about all I could do as well.

C Nash

Is DRV or Double tree the Mfg? Not familar with either and from the sound of your problems don't want to. What state are you in? Is there a lemon law? 6 times for leaks seems to be reaching the limit. Have to give the Mfg a little nod because it seems they are trying. A shame to pay the kind of prices we pay for rvs and then not be able to enjoy. Have you used the rv as the rv was intended? Have to ask these kind of questions because the rv owners side is normally the only side we hear. Some will come on and post only their problem and then we never hear anymore. If it's as you claim it might be time to involve one of the action lines in the rv magazines or talking to a lawyer. Keep us posted

G

And to add a little more to what Nash has already said ,,, what rv in this day would not have at least electric power ,, i can see the fresh water ,, but no electricity ,,and yes i know it was a loaner ,, but from what yr ,, and also is it just the basement area that is getting wet ??? i think a little more info ,, might help out ,, but Nash has said most of what i was gonna say anyway :approve: :) :) :)

UnSatDRV08

It is Doubltree now known as DRV due to a legal thing on thier side with Doubletree hotels I guess. Yes they have tried, 6 tiomes. Try again? At this time they offered to give us a new rig, for the old one, an 08, new in 09 and rebuilt by the factory. The only thing was they wanted us to trade up and pay them for the difference without any conselation for the issues we have had. Used car dealer is what some people have called them. Lemon law, well there is a Magnuson Moss act that deals with RV's, and the most recent decision by a MI supreme court ruling was Davis vs. Forest River. Look it up, very interesting to those that continue to have trouble with RV manufacturers. We still try. We did get to use the rig for jsut a few times until the leaks got so bad it was out of control. We even had a dealer picked by DRV come to our site and fix the rig, only to leak again. It just gets out of control and the emotions get hot once we pay what we do for these things and then they just break down. I went as far as to ask the Owner of DRV if his Lexus SUV broke down this many times what he would do. His reply was to have them fix it. Yeah six times, I don't think so. But what can you do when they have you by the **********. We keep trying. I just want the rest of you out there to know that DRV has what we thought was a great product, but they have some issues and they seem to want to fix with a bandaid and not do surgery and repair the issue once and for all. You know the line, surgery a success the patient died.