water suppy

hertig

Re: water suppy

Yes, stick a hose into the lake and screw it to the input port of a pump. Screw a hose between the output of the pump and the fresh water tank input on the RV. Pump until the tank is filled to the desired level then stop the pump. You may even have an input port to the RV pump built in (for winterizing the system).

Have the ambulance service on speed dial, for when you come down with the awful awfuls. :)

Some kind of mesh filter on the input hose in the lake will reduce the fouling of the pump by chunks of stuff in the lake. A good inline filter should cut down on particulates and some contaminates, but may stress the pump too much. Make sure you you don't drink the water unpurified either by a true 'purifier' filter or by distillation or at the very least, boiling or purification chemicals. And make sure you drain and sanitize the water system before using the RV at a place with potable water.

Personally, I would not put lake water into my RV. I would purify it into an external container, then pump that into my RV.

C Nash

A big doctor bill :eek:

Welcome to the forum. You might explain in more detail why you would want to pump water into the rv from a lake. Guess if maybe you are in Alaska the lake might be pure enough but I doubt it with todays pollutions.

decker

Hi Jofn

I probably should have explained a bit more about why I want to take water from a lake.

We recently bought a lot to build a year round home in northern Canada. I would like to put a travel trailer on it for about 3-4 yrs while we build. We would use the trailer about 3-4 weeks per year during the summer months.

I needed the water for the washroom, not sure exactly how to go about it.

I have also considered buying a porta potty and some type of portable shower what do you think.

PS most people who have built on the lake so far are using lake water through some type of filter, not sure if I would do that or drill a well

Thanks

Kirk

All of those who I know that have done what you propose have also either hauled their water from town, or they have a well drilled. If what you want is to purify the water, all you need is to put in a water treatment system like cities use but on a smaller scale. I think a well would cost less and you will need something when you build anyway. If you somehow pump lake water into the RV water system, you could contaminate the entire RV system, you may get foreign materials into the system that cause problems for it and you may in time find that it was not a good choice.

If there is a good way, I have never heard of it.

Alpetersen898

Hi Jofn

I probably should have explained a bit more about why I want to take water from a lake.

We recently bought a lot to build a year round home in northern Canada. I would like to put a travel trailer on it for about 3-4 yrs while we build. We would use the trailer about 3-4 weeks per year during the summer months.

I needed the water for the washroom, not sure exactly how to go about it.

I have also considered buying a porta potty and some type of portable shower what do you think.

PS most people who have built on the lake so far are using lake water through some type of filter, not sure if I would do that or drill a well

Thanks
It sounds like you need a Nomad water pump filtration system for about $950.00

MarcosMiller

Yes, stick a hose into the lake and screw it to the input port of a pump. Screw a hose between the output of the pump and the fresh water tank input on the RV. Pump until the tank is filled to the desired level then stop the pump. You may even have an input port to the RV pump built in (for winterizing the system).

Have the ambulance service on speed dial, for when you come down with the awful awfuls. :)

Some kind of mesh filter on the input hose in the lake will reduce the fouling of the pump by chunks of stuff in the lake. A good inline filter should cut down on particulates and some contaminates, but may stress the pump too much. Make sure you you don't drink the water unpurified either by a true 'purifier' filter or by distillation or at the very least, boiling or purification chemicals. And make sure you drain and sanitize the water system before using the RV at a place with potable water.

Personally, I would not put lake water into my RV. I would purify it into an external container, then pump that into my RV.

Free game applications on Getmodnow have become an indispensable part of modern entertainment life. With a wide range of attractive and diverse games, the platform has attracted the interest of millions of players around the world. These games not only provide hours of relaxation, but also challenge players' thinking and strategic skills.
Thanks for the detailed advice on setting up a water supply! Your suggestions on using pumps, filters and filtration are really helpful. I will definitely keep these points in mind to make sure the water system is safe for my RV. 😁

helloDog

you get a lot too much, too many replies of dumb answers answering questions you did not ask and imagining silly things. I know you did not ask if you should drink raw lake water or if you should hit your head with a hammer or the nail head, but people will advise you on this anyway, ..., just read on and you will have to sort through the mess on any forum, any topic anywhere...

Yes, just a pump. There are charts on pumps for how high they can lift the water and at what speed the water will flow for every inch in height the pump has to raise the water. A DC powered pump is safer around water of course, but DC current does not like to be that far from the battery. AC powered pumps can be used (fish ponds, sump pumps) and the electricity will travel far, 300+ feet, but there is more danger from shock if something goes wrong.

I would advise using an external water tank to pump the water into. Do not pump dirty water into your camper tank. Doesnt matter where you filter it, but do it before it enters the camper. Bacteria will grow in the filter unless it is cooled, or unless it contains silver (like a Berky), so be aware you need to filter it again for drinking.