Waterless Toilet - no holding tank

Pancanbob

Waterless Toilet - no holding tank - $850
SF bay area craigslist

Hi, All :) :)
I found this on Craig’s List, while looking at "RV for sell" :shy: :shy:
Has anyone had any experience with this? :question: :question:
Or is this one of those things…sound good, but doesn’t work in the real world :( :( :(
I used the “Search Forum” but nothing showed up there. :( :(
Just curious about it :blush: :blush:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-03-02, 5:50PM PST

Simple & Reliable
No Odors! This toilet separates the liquids from the solids (to put it politely), so it doesn’t smell bad. When the urine and solids are mixed, you get the really bad odors associated with sewage. When working properly the toilet has a slight earthy smell when you open it.

No holding tanks, no black water disposal issues!
This composting toilet is self-contained and waterless.

Efficient No Odors, No Clogging...... No Kidding!
No external plumbing, hoses or tanks to crack or leak. Uses 1½-2 gallons of peat moss in the base for composting the solids.

Compact & extraordinary holding capacity!
Because of the waterless, urine-separating design, this unit has extraordinary holding capacity. This could translate into a month usage by a cruising or traveling couple, or perhaps an entire boating or camping season of weekends.
"This toilet" is very compact and space efficient measuring 13" wide at the base, 17¾" front to rear, and is just under 20" tall. Despite it's small size it is very comfortable and stable.

— Plus! Easy installation in most applications, simply mount brackets to floor, vent unit to outside, and hook to 12VDC power source! (120 VAC & solar options also available.)

Eco-Friendly Completely Organic!
Our toilet is completely organic in that it uses no smelly or hazardous chemicals. The only thing you have to add to our toilet is peat moss.

This unit is made of an extremely durable polyethylene material and has a unique molded design,in a gray granite color. It corporate’s stainless steel components and hardware into a durable and low maintenance unit.

Darlin

Re: Waterless Toilet - no holding tank

I don't want the job to be the one that has to empty the peat moss. :dead: uck

Darlin :cool:

G

Me either ,, Darlin ,,, that is one that us Rv techs won't touch :dead: :dead:

H2H1

well I don't know anything about the toilet but we had a waterless urinal is one of the high profile Government building at FT Benning Ga.. I think I would just leave it to the RV techs to do the cleaning :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: . Now I know Rod getting his hands dirty doing RV work :approve: :approve: :approve:

G

Hey thanks Hollis :dead: :dead: :dead: :evil:

H2H1

Rod I am just passing along the information you have given me on how you love getting your hand dirty doing repairs and up grades. Look you know I will anything to help you out. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Pancanbob

RE: Waterless Toilet - no holding tank

Like I said, it was probably too good to be true. :( :( :(
Even if it did work, what would you do with the paper, and liquid waste? :question: :question:

With the economy like it is this could be new business opportunity, recycling peat moss! :laugh: :laugh:

I'm not sure, but there could be worse jobs. :cool: :cool: :cool:

This is one job I don’t think I could fix it with a hammer! :dead: :dead:
O, well another day in paradise. :clown: :clown: :clown: