We are looking for the perfect rig

downeastwaves

We are looking for the perfect rig just can't seem to find it.

We've had everything from popup Palamino kinda big, Class A Mallard 27', Class C Tioga 23' and now a Class B Dearborn 19.5'.

To us, the ideal rig would have a rear corner bed on the passengers side like the Tioga with the bathroom on the drivers side both way to the back.

A booth table directly behind the passenger seat so you can sit at your table and look out at your patio space. I can not for the life of me figure why anyone would want a table behind the drivers seat looking out on your neighbors site.....

A sofa directly behind the drivers seat.

The kitchen in between with the stove and sink on the drivers side like the Mallard with a L shape. Fridge on the passengers side.

To me that would be pretty much perfect if it was about 25 feet long.

Anyone know of a MH with this sort of layout?

There must be one out there! Seems to me to be a logical and perfect layout. I hope you have seen this rig and you will share it with us.

Thanks!
Leasa and Mike
Eastport, Maine

rjf7g

Re: We are looking for the perfect rig....

I have a friend who bought a Winnebago Vista 26P with the sleeper behind the driver. It's a nice layout. The shower isn't nearly as oddly placed as it looks on the floor plan.

fordman01

Hi and your description is very similar and almost exactly as our class C 2003 31 ft. Coachmen leprechaun 's latout ,u might have a look at one.

akjimny

Hi Leasa and welcome to the RVUSA Forum. If you can find a coach with most of what you want, you could have the rest custom built. There's a custom coach builder in my little home town of Sebring, FL. If we have one there in the middle of nowhere, I'm sure you could find one in your neighborhood.

Post back and let us know how you do. :) :) :)

PS - I took a look at your website. Looks like a pretty neat old town. Hopefully Boss Lady and I will get a chance to travel up there sometime. I need to cross a few more states off my map. :laugh: :laugh:

downeastwaves

Thanks so much for the replies and the welcome.

It took me a while to figure out how to get back her as I forgot to book mark it! Thank goodness for google! LOL I searched "looking for the perfect" and Leasa and voila! Found it!
We really do not want one of those 30+ fters, We can understand why the layout can't be like what we want. I will go to the links suggested and see what we find...

thanks again!

downeastwaves

close on the 26 footer but no sofa. We've been there with no sofa and for long term living it is a must for us. I like the rear corner bed and bath on this on also the table we really want on the passenger side.

downeastwaves

thanks for this link...closer to what we are hoping for! Why can't the take the rear of the one above and the front of this one and make it a camper? I just do not get it. Then it would be a lot shorter and would have the perfect layout with the rear corner bed and the sofa and dinette in the correct spot?

downeastwaves

fordman01;73596 said:
Hi and your description is very similar and almost exactly as our class C 2003 31 ft. Coachmen leprechaun 's latout ,u might have a look at one.

too long, I like their 2003 22 foot layout-- just missing the sofa--wish they had the in between 25 footer...

downeastwaves

If you can find a coach with most of what you want, you could have the rest custom built. There's a custom coach builder in my little home town of Sebring, FL. If we have one there in the middle of nowhere, I'm sure you could find one in your neighborhood.

Post back and let us know how you do.

PS - I took a look at your website. Looks like a pretty neat old town. Hopefully Boss Lady and I will get a chance to travel up there sometime. I need to cross a few more states off my map. :laugh: :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the welcome and suggestions! Hmmm custom sounds like $$$$ big bucks. I'm thinking we can't be the only folks looking for this layout.

Glad you had a chance to look around Eastport, it really is a neat little place. Yes! You need to hear over to New England, the trees are just starting to change here. We are in what my hubby calls middle fall. We have a VERY long fall season starting in Aug. and going all the way to Thanksgiving. Some times we do not get a hard frost here until Nov. because of the water keeping us a bit warmer. They call us air conditioned naturally. It is much cooler here in the summers than on the mainland...