We broke our local snow record!

rjf7g

The Charlottesville, VA area has received 55" of snow this season, breaking a 15 year old record. We got the most snow in the December 19 storm and were hit again January 30, February 5, and again on February 9. Schools have been opened 6 hours over the last 8 school days and even our local government offices have been closed 1 day and opened 2 hours late twice in the last 8 work days. The DC area has been hit even harder.

An out of state friend asked today if I was ready to go crazy from being stuck in the house for so long - I reminded him that I relax by spending my time in a 27'x8' class C or a 36'x8' trailer with two slide. Shoveling snow is not that much different from keeping a campfire going, right?

utmtman

Re: We broke our local snow record!

Well ya done beat us out. But any snow is a pain. Stay warm and I hope you don't lose your power. Its been a cold and nasty year.

brodavid

we saw a light dusting this morning around 6:30 am then it warmed up and started to drizzle

utmtman

My daughter is in Fairbanks, Alaska and she said it amazes her that they can get 40 inches of snow over night. Her other comments was how it never gets above 0 in winter.

rjf7g

We have kept our power except a 30 second blip last Friday. There were tens of thousands of homes without power for 48 hours or more during the last storm. People go crazy without power, but it's pretty apparent everyone was without power not so long ago! My superintendent (a former middle school biology teacher) enjoyed the opportunity to do a little creative "pioneering living" and managed to stay in her home with her disabled husband and no power for five days! She's a creative problem solver and we need that badly these days!

G

I agree on that Becky "adapt and over come" if more people would do that ,, IMO the world would be a better place :)

brodavid

we ended up with 4 inches of snow here last night, it closed our area down, even the kids are not outside right now and it is 830am
MS Jackie just smiled and told Sarah about our time in Alaska in the winter of 1997, Sarah has already played outside and enjoyed making the first prints in the snow,
photos of our BLIZZARD is in the album
stay warm and stay safe

H2H1

well dang Dave, why didn't you take some pictures of the beach. I know Rod would have loved to have seen that :laugh: . well it is sun shining here and glad. BTW we only had 4 inches, way to much for me :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

brodavid

MsJ would not take me!
what more can I say, when she is the one looking after me.
Yes, Momma, Yes Dear, Love you Sweetheart

JamesH

Rod, I took a couple, no girls, no cute lifeguards, they are in my album,
stopped in to check on Dave, as we were leaving Myrtle Beach, looking for warmer beaches

G

Thanks James ,, goona save those pics ,, asmuch i like the beach ,, it is good to see a change in the weather now and then ,, agian thanks ,, made my day :approve: :approve:

G

btw . James where did u stay in that pic ???