We don't like Ike

elkhartjim

If you're inclined, please keep us Texans in your prayers. Its going to be a tough next 36 hours. I live approx 250 miles inland and we're expecting 50-60mph sustained wind with gusts to 90mph. The eye is predicted to past over us mid afternoon Saturday. We are prepared forthe worst and hope for the best.

Shadow

RE: We don't like Ike

Jim. Carol, TC and anybody else I'm forgetting. Hope you have everything ready and are in a safe location. Watching what is going on in Galveston right now is just unbelievable. Ike is about eight to ten hours from land fall and the water is already about to go over the sea wall. We are at home. 5th wheel, boat, vehicles, and anything else not tied down is in the barn. Windows boarded on the house and ready for the wind. Take care, and will keep Ya posted.

TexasClodhopper

Re: We don't like Ike

We're hoping the "forest" around us is going to move the winds higher over us. That's what happened during Rita.

However, it is a stressful time to be on the 'wrong' and 'strong' side of the storm.

I'm sure our power will go out tonight as the storm reaches us, so until we get the old generator out we may not be around.

If you're so inclined, you can watch the local channel 11 on DirecTV channel 361.

SnowbirdInFlight

RE: We don't like Ike

To all in the path of Hurricane Ike. God be with you and I pray you all are kept safe and dry!

Weather.jpg

utmtman

It do not look pretty peoples. All you down home Texans good luck to ya and I pray it weakens before landfall.

C Nash

Our thoughts and prayers are with all along the coast and inland. Take no chances as Ike looks to be a very dangerous storm.

G

well to let u all know ,, tex was on skype with me ,hollis,, jim and gts ,, and he lost power ,, so i think he is in for a rough night ,, jim also may be in for a rough morning ,, but to all u texans in the way of this thing ,, PLEASE be safe ,, and we are all thinking about u ,, take care my friends ,, and hope to see u all posting agian ,, about the storm ,, that would be a good post to read ,, IMO whether good or bad ,, at least u are alive and able to post ,, that to me means more than anything lost in any storm or such :approve: :approve: :approve: ;) ;) ;)

Shadow

All we are getting right now is the wind. No rain yet. I believe Tex is east of us which will put him on the nasty side of the storm. He may be without power for quite some time. Just hope he's on high ground and wish him the best....

G

Butch ,, TC did say in his last minutes of UPs power that he was above the flood area ,, but he has alot of trees around his place ,, and that has him more worried than the water ,, ,,, but u too Butch take care and please be safe ,, i know u all are in for one hell of a weekend ,, but we all on here are thinking and praying u all come out of this ok ,,, :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :) :) :)

rjf7g

Take care of yourselves and your loved ones. Stuff can be replaced!

Shadow

Really don't like Ike now!! Hope Tc is alright. Know he caught the worse of things. May have some damage to our 5th wheel. Doors blew off neighbors barn last night and may have gave it a glancing blow. Over all we have fared well here. Trees and limbs down, a few shingles, and things in the yard we don't know who they belong to. But nothing compared to some areas..

C Nash

great to hear ya'll or ok Butch but sure hope the damage is little. Take care and keep us posted

Shadow

We have our 5th wheel in our neighbors big barn. All the big stuff went in his and the boats and vehicles went in mine. Went back over there a few minutes ago. Some how when his roll up door fell it missed the 5th wheel and blew into the corner. His back roll up is the concern now. It's flapping in the wind. Till the wind dies down a bit I can't safely get the trailer out. But so far all is well. No one hurt and all the critters accounted for...All the neighbors seem to have minimal damage also. Hopefully TC is ok...

H2H1

that real good to hear Butch, I just hope all other faired a well. Like Rod said last night TC lost power very early last night and have not heard anything from him yet. wishing the best

DL Rupper

Hey Butch, glad to hear you and your family are ok. Hope the 5th Wheel gets out of the garage in good condition.