We don't like Ike

ARCHER

Re: We don't like Ike

Great to hear you and yours are ok, Butch. Hope you 5er is ok. Sure hope Tex is ok and just in need of power to let us know all is ok. Pretty bad up in his neck of the woods. Lots of folks did not fair too well.

utmtman

Our prayers are still going out to all those who were in that storm both in Texas and Louisiana. I hear they got hit pretty good too down in that south west corner.

H2H1

Hey Lee I have been watching all the new channels AND all of Texas and La. has suffer a lot of damage as well as the other states. I think those who stayed surely wish they would have listen to the mandatory evacuation order and left the state. I pray that they are safe and well, but after seeing the damage I dought some made it. :( :(

cwishert

Hey all, we just got back home from Concan. The house is fine, the garage and all structures are fine here. Mostly just limbs down in our area. Some parts of El Campo look a little worse for wear but no real damage that we could tell driving through town. The neighbors who stayed said here it was just a lot of wind about 40 mph. Today it raiined 5" though. I'm glad we missed that. It did rain on us on the way home through San Antonio. The traffic was not bad until we hit columbus. Luckily my sons girlfriend knows her way around that area so we were not stuck in traffic. Of course the storm did go in much further up the coast than originally thought so we were really spared. Thank God for small favors. I hope all others in Texas and Louisiana come through with only damage to things not to people.
And Jim I think it was best we went west instead of up toward you all. Hope you all are fine. Thanks for the invite though. If we are ever passing through though we might just look you up. :)

C Nash

Carol and John, great to hear that you and your toys didn't suffer any damage. Sure hope the rest that were in Ikes path came out as well. waiting to hear from all

elkhartjim

Good to hear the good news from Butch and Carol. I lost power Saturday morning and have been "camped out in the mh since. Got extension cords to the refer and freezer in the house. Had one pine and two oaks to fall in the yard...no damage. I finally got my laptop and cell card working. No power and it may be 2 weeks or it could be tomorrow???????????????. I've got a almost full tank of fuel and the temp is great. Low this morning was 55 and high 77 today. I've been watching the devestation in the gulf coast of texas. Bad. We Texans are a strong lot, it will take more than a cat 2 to scare us.

cwishert

Well Jim I will extend the same offer to you. You can come down and park in the drive way until you all get power back. Got 30amp plug in the garage and you can use the fancy indoor plumbing :clown: Hope all gets back to normal soon. Let us know if you need anything that we can help with. Sounds like you got most of it handled.

C Nash

That's good news Jim. Those power companys really do a great job. Hats off to them :approve:

DARLING

Those electric guys are amazing. Working out there in all weather. Then poof, Lights.

Darlin :cool: