weak spring

levoyb

Evidently I have a weak spring on the passenger side and my m/h sags to that side. Any thoughts to the cost of the repair? Thanks

Pillaz

RE: weak spring

You did not mention the size of your HM. Leaf Springs or Coil? I replaced the coil springs in My MH this year. 1pr coil springs were $137.00 at Stengal Bros truck parts. I found them Online. You may want to change air ride at the same time. For me is was
$137.00 1pr coil springs $100.00 Air bags. $150 install. I believe that Leaf springs are Cheaper.
Definately have it fixed. Hm's are dangerous to drive w/ broken springs.
Have fun and don't do anything that I would do... It just gets you in trouble

C Nash

Re: weak spring

Just a thought, Have you weighed the MH to see if maybe you have to much weight on that side?

levoyb

Thanks for help. I have not weighed the m/h, but had a rv road service man check it. He said there was nothing broken, but was just a weak spring. It is a 34ft m/h. I probably do have too much weight on that side, but I read somewhere that the weaking comes with age. It's a 91 Pace Arrow. I have no idea whether it is coil or leaf. I just wanted to see what would be in ballpark price so I wouldn't get taken too badly.

C Nash

Very well could be weak at that age. Do not replace just one side. Get matching springs for both sides. What chassis do you have and is it front or rear sag?

levoyb

It is a ford chasis and appears to be a front sag, at least that's what the rv guy said. Yes I can see where you would want both sides or I would wind up with same problem on other side

C Nash

there should be several spring shops in your area so shop around for prices.

levoyb

RE: weak spring

Well people, turns out was not a weak spring. Story of my life, something was broken in the rear. You really don't want to know the very expensive details. Now I've finally gotten in out of the shop, got brackets on my new(to me) tow vehicle and gasoline goes sky high. Ah well I'm ready if gas costs ever get reasonable. Maybe next Spring? Thanks for the kind help from you guys anyway.

C Nash

Not supprising to hear that it was in the rear levoy. Thanks for letting us know you got it repaired but would really help if you gave us the repair details.

levoyb

Well, really all I know some kind of major support had broken in the rear on one side. To get a new one would be about 2100.00. But They could use some kind of kit to repair both sides at same time for about 2500.00. I chose the kit and believe me this m/h is going to have to last till I'm pushing up daisies or it falls apart. But now I'm ready to do some camping. Thanks